Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 85.0.564.41: August 27
Security updates are listed here

Feature updates
  • On-premise synchronization of Favorites and Settings. Now you synchronize browser favorites and settings between Active Directory profiles within your own environment without the need for cloud sync.
  • Microsoft Edge group policy support for trusting site + app combos to launch without a confirmation prompt.. Group policy support added that lets administrators add site + app combos that are trusted to launch without the confirmation prompt. This adds the ability for administrators to configure trusted protocol/origin combinations (such as Microsoft 365 apps) for their end-users to suppress the confirmation prompt when navigating to a URL that contains an app protocol.
  • PDF Highlighter tool. This tool can be added to the toolbar for PDFs to easily highlight important text.
  • The Storage Access API is available. The Storage Access API allows access to first-party storage in a third-party context when a user has provided a direct intent to allow storage that would otherwise be blocked by the browser's current configuration. For more information, see Storage Access API.
  • Send to OneNote is available for Microsoft Edge Collections. Everyone's excited to be able to send the information they've gathered in Collections to OneNote, where they can append it to a larger project and collaborate with others! And even more importantly, in Microsoft Edge 85, you'll be able send content to Office for Mac products (Word, Excel, and OneNote) for both MSA and Azure Active Directory.
  • DevTools updates. For details about the following updates, see What's New In DevTools (Microsoft Edge 85).
    • Microsoft Edge DevTools supports Surface Duo emulation. The Microsoft Edge DevTools can emulate the Surface Duo so you can test how your web content will look on dual-screen devices. To turn on this experiment in DevTools, enter Device Mode by pressing Ctrl+Shift+M on Windows or Command+Shift+M on macOS, and then select Surface Duo from the device drop-down list.
    • Microsoft Edge DevTools lets you match keyboard shortcuts to VS Code. The Microsoft Edge DevTools supports customizing keyboard shortcuts in the DevTools to match your editor/IDE. In Microsoft Edge 85, we are adding the ability to match DevTools keyboard shortcuts to VS Code. This change will help increase productively across VS Code and DevTools.
Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium VersionHighest Severity Fix in ReleaseCVEs
85.0.564.418/27/202085.0.4183.83HighCVE-2020-6558, CVE-2020-6559, CVE-2020-6560, CVE-2020-6561, CVE-2020-6562, CVE-2020-6563, CVE-2020-6564, CVE-2020-6566, CVE-2020-6567, CVE-2020-6568, CVE-2020-6569, CVE-2020-6570, CVE-2020-6571

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I like to add one thing here, couple of times in the forum I bashed Microsoft for making users use their Your Phone app to send links from one device to another. But it turns out, Edge currently don't have the link sending features like Chrome and Firefox because their syncing features are not fully implemented yet. eg: Syncing history, open tabs are not functional yet. Once they implement this, sending links/open tabs from one device to another should work normally without requiring any additional app.
So, I take back what I said before and looking forward to the full implementation.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Any body getting this weird bug on latest Edge build.

I will try disabling extensions one by one to see if it's them. I have only enabled 4 extension Ublock origins, bitdefender traffic light, Bitwarden and Lyrics Here.

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Any body getting this weird bug on latest Edge build.
No, and I have none of your extensions. Your bug reminds me of a bug that Brave had on YouTube, with distortion on part of the video - but only while hovering cursor over the frame.

I suspect µBO. Try disabling it and using Edge Strict Tracking Protection to test.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I don't have this bug with Edge tracking protection on strict, uBlock Origin, Bitdefender TrafficLight and Bitwarden.
Does the Lyrics Here extension interact with YouTube?
If that's not the one causing problems, check your uBlock filters, only enable the default ones and then try your other filters one by one till you got the offending one. Please let us know which one caused it.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
No problem playing video's here on that site with Edge Tracking protection on strict and uBlock Origin default filters.
Maybe you have to look at your filter lists and the logger to see what's blocking video's.
Seems not to be an Edge problem.
Update on that, day after same problem, strange thing is when i try Edge Dev and Edge canary No problems , also with Firefox no problem. So it only happens with Edge and Google chrome. always using same extensions Trafficlight, Ublock O & Lastpass. On other computers also that problem with Edge.
Maybe could also be related to my provider having problems with ipV6 but that doesn't explain why it works flawless with other browsers....

Last edited:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Does the Lyrics Here extension interact with YouTube?
Idk all it does is show lyrics but only if you click on the overlay.

No, and I have none of your extensions. Your bug reminds me of a bug that Brave had on YouTube, with distortion on part of the video - but only while hovering cursor over the frame.

I suspect µBO. Try disabling it and using Edge Strict Tracking Protection to test.

Problem is it's not reproducible every time, it's random. It goes away with a reload of page. So for now I have disabled "Lyrics Here". Let's see if it really is the culprit.

Edit: feedback sent to MS via Edge.
Edit 2: Inbuilt Grammar doesn't work when I am sleepy.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.