Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Does it appear on every launch of the browser?

I use "Clear browsing data on close", so it appears every time. Which domain(s) should I exclude from cookie clearing?
For me not as i don't delete cookies on close but cache (only)

Reactions: Protomartyr

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Edge stable updated to 86.0.622.61. Get it while it's 🔥.

The above link isn't terribly informative at the moment. Since this update is being released gradually, hopefully the changelog will contain more info very soon.
Version 86.0.622.61: November 2
Fixed various bugs and performance issues.
Should be another coming soon with the latest chromium security updates.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 87.0.664.41 released November 19:

Feature updates​

• Automatic redirection for incompatible sites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge. Starting with the Microsoft Edge 87 Stable update, public websites that show an incompatibility message on Internet Explorer will be automatically redirected to Microsoft Edge. To learn more and to configure this experience, see Redirecting incompatible sites.
  • Kiosk mode privacy features enabled. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 87, kiosk mode features that will help enterprises around the privacy of user data will be enabled. These features will enable experiences such as clear the user data on exit, delete downloaded files and to reset the configured start experience after a specified amount of idle time. Learn more about how to Configure Microsoft Edge kiosk mode
  • Shopping features enabled by default. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 87 enterprise users can also benefit from shopping in Edge. With Shopping features, Microsoft Edge helps users to find coupons and better prices while shopping online. Coupon experience is available with this update and price comparison will be released in upcoming updates for Microsoft Edge 87. This feature can be configured through EdgeShoppingAssistantEnabled policy. See our Blog and Learn More about Microsoft Shopping.
  • ClickOnce deployment enabled by default. ClickOnce is enabled by default in Microsoft Edge 87, which reduces the barriers for enterprises to deploy software and better align with Microsoft Edge Legacy browser behavior. Starting in Microsoft Edge 87, the ClickOnceEnabled policy's "Not configured" state will reflect the new default ClickOnce state of Enabled (as compared to the previous default state of Disabled).
  • The enterprise new tab page (NTP) integrates productivity with customizable, work-relevant feed content. The enterprise NTP blends the Office 365 productivity page we offer to users signed in with their work or school account with personalized, work-relevant company and industry feeds that are organized in a single page. Users will be able to recognize the familiar Office 365 content and Microsoft Search for Business powered by Bing. In addition, they can easily customize "My Feed" by choosing the most relevant content to them from the available content and modules for their organization. IT Administrators can control the News feed settings for their organization, including the selected industry for the Edge new tab page by going to Microsoft 365 admin center. Learn more
  • Privacy and Security:
    • Support TLS Token Binding for policy-configured sites. TLS Token binding helps prevent token theft attacks to ensure that cookies can't be reused from a device other than the device upon which they were initially set. The use of TLS token binding requires setting the AllowTokenBindingForUrls policy and requires that the sites listed support this feature.
  • Keyboard support for highlighter on PDF files. Users can use their keyboard keys to highlight any text on a PDF.
  • Printing:
    • Choose which side to flip on when printing on both sides. Users can choose to flip on the long side or the short side of a sheet when printing on both sides.
    • Choose print rasterization mode for the enterprise. Control how Microsoft Edge prints to a non-PostScript printer on Windows. Sometimes print jobs on non-PostScript printers need to be rasterized to print correctly. The print options are "Full" and "Fast".
Microsoft Edge release notes for Stable Channel | Microsoft Docs
Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium VersionHighest Severity Fix in ReleaseCVEs
87.0.664.4111/19/202087.0.4280.66 for Windows and Linux, 87.0.4280.67 for MacHighCVE-2019-8075, CVE-2020-16012, CVE-2020-16014, CVE-2020-16015, CVE-2020-16018, CVE-2020-16022, CVE-2020-16023, CVE-2020-16024, CVE-2020-16025, CVE-2020-16026, CVE-2020-16027, CVE-2020-16028, CVE-2020-16029, CVE-2020-16030, CVE-2020-16031, CVE-2020-16032, CVE-2020-16033, CVE-2020-16034, CVE-2020-16036
ADV200002 - Security Update Guide - Microsoft - Chromium Security Updates for Microsoft Edge (Chromium-Based)

razorfancy

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 27, 2016
No, because I can't use Edge at all. Just white screen.
Try to delete the cache manually:

Press Windows key + R to open the Run program then type this(replace Username for your account name):

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Cache

Delete everything inside that folder then try to open Microsoft Edge and see if that works.

If that doesnt work try to reinstall the Edge Chromium

If that also doesnt work do this(it will delete all your browser data including extensions):

Press Windows key + R to open the Run program then type this(replace Username for your account name):

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\

Delete the folder: User Data

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

razorfancy

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 27, 2016
@razorfancy @security123 I've tried everything with no luck.
Try this:

1º - Uninstall Edge Chromium via Control Panel or via the Windows Settings app then reboot PC

2º - Press Windows key + R to open the Run program then type this(replace Username for your account name):

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\

Delete the folder: User Data

3º - Press Windows key + R to open the Run program then type this(replace Username for your account name):

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp

Delete everything inside this folder

4º - Install Edge Chromium and reboot pc

See if this works

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Uninstall Edge Chromium via Control Panel or via the Windows Settings app then reboot PC
On 20H2 you cannot uninstall Edge.

I manually deleted user data default folder and restarted Windows and I now have a fresh Edge.

I probably should have restarted Windows prior to trying any other fix and I might have avoided this altogether.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. MT always comes through. (y)(y):D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.