Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
You shouldn't disable IPV6 as it's more and more.
In the future disabling it will break websites and i'm sure you doesn't remember then your change ;)
? I believe I would remember it, it's a significant change plus, it's one I've done before.

Thanks anyway. :) The IPv6 test is interesting. You scored 10/10? Assuredly I flunked it. Time to do more checking....

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

You scored 10/10?
Yeah, see:
1606328258182.png

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I have the same problem , ive tried starting it up after using it for while and everytime i restart it has different amount of cookies to be removed on startup even i remove them all on exit

Also i had this problem occurring 2 days ago

:\Temp>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe"
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

and another note; They have removed :/flag wich reduced disk usage

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Security baseline for Microsoft Edge version 87

We have reviewed the new settings in Microsoft Edge version 87 and determined that there are no additional security settings that require enforcement. The settings from the Microsoft Edge version 85 package continue to be our recommended baseline. That baseline package can be downloaded from the Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit.

Microsoft Edge version 87 introduced 15 new computer settings, 15 new user settings, and removed 1 setting. We have attached a spreadsheet listing the new settings to make it easier for you to find them.

As a friendly reminder, all available settings for Microsoft Edge are documented here, and all available settings for Microsoft Edge Update are documented here.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
An addition:
The following feature was updated for this release.
  • Shopping is enabled by default. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 87, enterprise users can benefit from shopping in Microsoft Edge. With Shopping features, Microsoft Edge helps users find coupons and better prices while shopping online. (The coupon experience was released with Stable version 87.0.664.41). The price comparison experience is now available with this update. This feature can be configured using the EdgeShoppingAssistantEnabled policy. See our Blog and Learn More about Microsoft Shopping.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Microsoft Edge is getting a new feature that is missing from most browsers:
At its Build conference in May, Microsoft announced that a new sidebar search experience will be coming to its Edge browser later this year.

As expected, the new sidebar search feature is now rolling out to Microsoft Edge in the stable channel (production build). In Microsoft Edge version 87.0.664.5 or newer, you can now access a new sidebar that lets you select text on a web page and perform a Bing search within the browser tab.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.