Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
After the latest update today.(Version 96.0.1054.41) Edge crashed 3 times on me today. Anyone else having similar problem?
View attachment 262428

Do you have tried to disable temporary your browser-addons? any flags changed manually?

I had similar crashes twice during the past months, solution was a new user-profile, may that helps :unsure:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Anyone noticed this?
1638446729569.png

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Well I am not a fan of bashing competitors, but. Edge is more secure than Chrome. So I posted a comment on bleeping.

I posted two things, one that I agree that it is not classy to bash competitors,the other that the editor is wrong (Edge has 5 security mechanisms Chrome does not have) and that one was removed.

Edit: day later both are removed :)

Last edited by a moderator:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@brambedkar59

Try disabling energy saving of the GPU and/or disabling sleeping tabs efficiency in Edge, I had similar problems with AMD CPU on my wife's laptop (which also froze) when playing movies in browser. This solved the problem on AMD, so you might give the workaround a try on Intel.
I don't think any of the power saving features of iGPU are enabled when connected to wall power. I will try disabling sleeping tabs.

Reactions: Nevi and oldschool

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Anyone else see this setting that I don't remember being there before? I think it's new but I haven't been following Edge updates/development much lately (IRL just crazy busy at the moment). It's disabled by default or was on mine and trying out Balanced but not seen it in action.

1638704543945.png

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
Anyone else see this setting that I don't remember being there before? I think it's new but I haven't been following Edge updates/development much lately (IRL just crazy busy at the moment). It's disabled by default or was on mine and trying out Balanced but not seen it in action.

View attachment 262570
It's related to Super Duper Secure Mode. See Microsoft Edge now has a secret ‘Super Duper Secure Mode’ and Update - Microsoft just secretly added this feature to its Edge browser

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

How to reset Microsoft Edge​

If things go wrong when using Edge, resetting may be an option to resolve the issue and repair Microsoft Edge. It should be seen as a last resort attempt at fixing an issue, as it will clear user data from Edge.

Microsoft Edge has an option to reset the browser from within the Settings, but the data that is restored to the default is limited. In this guide, you will learn how to reset Edge on Windows using this built-in option but also another option that resets all user data to the default. [...]

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Im not sure if i remember correct that Bing search was in beta last time i checked

I swapped to firefox and ran edge today, did bing search accidentally and noticed it must be out of beta

It seems the search engine is improved alot, better results than before

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Im not sure if i remember correct that Bing search was in beta last time i checked

I swapped to firefox and ran edge today, did bing search accidentally and noticed it must be out of beta

It seems the search engine is improved alot, better results than before
It's a lot better, but I still prefer the results of Google.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.