Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Updated to V98.0.1108.50
February 10, 2022
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 98.0.1108.50), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.

This update contains the following Microsoft Edge-specific updates:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I also enabled these flags below. I hope it was ok. Can you confirm please?

1644584023230.png

I mean the last two flags.

Last edited:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
As long as all these 'features' can be disabled or stay out of the way I do not mind using the browser.
Tried to use chrome for a few days but came back running.. 😁 I have grown to like Edge no matter the flaws. It's still better than chrome.
As for the sidebar, I have not used it but it could be useful for some cases, for example outlook mail.
Me too.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Same here!
A friend told me:
Regarding bloat : I somewhat understand, however, as Edge replaces IE as the OS’s integrated browser, it’s there anyway. As long as I can disable the features I don’t use, I’m okay with it.

I’m still using Edge, for various reasons, including being able to watch Netflix in 1080p or more, and the selective automatic cleaning of cookies on exit (cleans all except the ones I specify), and probably doing less tracking than Google (because unlike Google, your personal data isn’t critical to their revenue stream, so I guess they’re less aggressive about it).

However, you’re not wrong using Chrome. To each their own. If Chrome suits your use case, then by all means, use the tool that’s right for you. There is no such thing as “the best browser”, only the best fitting browser depending on your own lists of pros and cons.

(When Manifest V3 comes to Chromium browsers though, it will be a different story. A browser without uBlock Origin would be a problem, and I probably would have to revert to Firefox, despite its numerous flaws (ugly new UI, performance impact especially on laptops (battery use), no 1080p on Netflix…) but I guess we’ll see about that if/when it happens)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 98.0.1108.55: February 16
And now we have the changelog:
February 16, 2022
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 98.0.1108.55), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. This update contains a fix for CVE-2022-0609, which has been reported by the Chromium team as having an exploit in the wild. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.
Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium Version
98.0.1108.552/15/202298.0.4758.102

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I'm a fan of Edge, I do check through setting for each update for changes I don't want - As above as long as I'm not forced to use new additions I really don't like will use it as I feel it's secure & slick in use. I also use Brave though, the only thing that prevents me using it all the time is the GUI which does erk me a little.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I'm a fan of Edge, I do check through setting for each update for changes I don't want - As above as long as I'm not forced to use new additions I really don't like will use it as I feel it's secure & slick in use. I also use Brave though, the only thing that prevents me using it all the time is the GUI which does erk me a little.
My feelings exactly about Edge and Brave. (y):D

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I've been using edge off and on for a about 6 months now, usually switching between it and Vivaldi when something annoys me about one or the other. but so far ive been using only edge and now im pretty confident in saying its my main browser (y)

I used to use firefox and my main browser, but just witth the recent UI changes, i just cant enjoy it as much

Vivaldi I love the project but new tab pages load incredibly slow on my machine for some reason (even with all extensions disabled ect.)

I wont touch google chrome with a ten foot pole and just in general lacks the customability I like

Opera's just....meh

So yeah, im good with Edge

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.