oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Problem solved:
Error code 0x80070679
The specified image file was blocked from loading because it does not enable a feature required by the process: Control Flow Guard.
FACILITY_WIN32 Error List - Provides a way to handle error codes from functions in the Win32 API as an HRESULT. (Error codes in 16 - bit OLE that duplicated Win32 error codes have also been changed to FACILITY_WIN32) - HRESULT.info
I unintentionally applied strict CFG to Edge in Exploit protection settings.

BTW: The above link is a great source for identifying error codes.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I feel like MS is actively trying to be as annoying as possible. Got another pop-up

Screenshot 2022-02-27 052530.png

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
Version 99.0.1150.30: March 03

Feature updates​

• Upcoming three-digit version number in user agent string. Starting with version 100, Microsoft Edge will send a three-digit version number in the User-Agent header, for example "Edg/100". Starting with Microsoft Edge 97, site owners can test this upcoming agent string by enabling the #force-major-version-to-100 experiment flag in edge://flags to ensure their User-Agent parsing logic is robust and works as expected.
  • Personalize multi-profile experiences with profile preferences for sites. Users can personalize their multi-profile experience with the ability to create a customized list of sites for automatic profile switching in Microsoft Edge.
  • Navigate PDF documents using page thumbnails. You'll now be able to navigate through your PDF document using thumbnails that represent the pages. These thumbnails will appear in the pane on the left side of the PDF reader.
  • Configure the list of domains for which the password manager User Interface (UI) for Save and Fill will be disabled. Use the PasswordManagerBlocklist policy to configure the list of domains (HTTP/HTTPS schemas and hostnames only) where Microsoft Edge should disable the password manager. This means that Save and Fill workflows will be disabled, which ensures that passwords for those websites can’t be saved or auto filled into web forms.
  • Custom primary password. The browser already has the capability where users can add an authentication step before saved passwords are auto filled in web forms. This adds another layer of privacy and helps prevent unauthorized users from using saved passwords to log on websites. Custom primary password is an evolution of that same feature, where users will now be able to use a custom string of their choice as their primary password. After it's enabled, users will enter this password to authenticate themselves and have their saved passwords auto filled into web forms.

Microsoft Edge release notes for Stable Channel

Microsoft Edge release notes for Stable Channel
docs.microsoft.com

Release notes for Microsoft Edge Security Updates

Release notes for Microsoft Edge Security Updates

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Microsoft Edge 99 is here with custom primary passwords and preparations for v100​

Microsoft is also prepping for the imminent release of Microsoft Edge version in this release, with the company noting that:
Starting with version 100, Microsoft Edge will send a three-digit version number in the User-Agent header, for example "Edg/100". Starting with Microsoft Edge 97, site owners can test this upcoming agent string by enabling the #force-major-version-to-100 experiment flag in edge://flags to ensure their User-Agent parsing logic is robust and works as expected.

gigi64

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
I really do not know why every 2 or 3 days all settings are restarted and a welcome message arrives !
There is no problem with cookies !
I thought there was a problem with the profile and sign out !But again the same problem ...
I completely deleted the browser and reinstall but again after 1 day everything was reset
:cautious:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I really do not know why every 2 or 3 days all settings are restarted and a welcome message arrives !
There is no problem with cookies !
I thought there was a problem with the profile and sign out !But again the same problem ...
I completely deleted the browser and reinstall but again after 1 day everything was reset
:cautious:
Looks like your user profile is might be corrupted, just try to create a new Edge user profile, that may helps!?

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Efficiency mode is designed to help extend battery life. It minimizes power usage by reducing resource usage (CPU usage) through modifying certain tab activity on tabs you’re not interacting with and putting inactive background tabs to sleep after 5 minutes or less.

Efficiency mode comes with a number of preferences that users may change to customize the feature. In fact, all settings can be modified even if efficiency mode is not enabled.
  • Save resources with sleeping tabs -- The feature unloads inactive tabs to free up memory and improve performance.
  • Fade sleeping tabs -- All sleeping tabs are displayed faded for better identification-
  • Put inactive tabs to sleep after the specified amount of time -- 5 minutes by default and fixed to that period if efficiency mode is enabled. With efficiency mode disabled, other periods may be selected.
  • Never put these sites to sleep -- Add sites to the exclusion list to never have them put to sleep by Edge.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
If you want to try auto-generated captions in Microsoft Edge, update your browser to the latest version and navigate to Settings > Accessibility, then toggle on the "Get image descriptions from Microsoft for screen readers" feature. For now, it is available in Microsoft Edge for Windows, Linux, and macOS.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
An annoying bug in the current stable version:

How Do I Arrange My Extensions?

I have many extensions/add-ons. I need to have the ones most used to the left so they do not disappear when I resize my browser horizontally, for example, Lastpass. I can find no mention of arranging them but when I left click and drag an extension, it changes to an insertion and the other "icons" seem to move to make room. But when I release the drag, the one I was dragging has not moved, but is now a blank space. If I hover over it, it is still there but invisible.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.