Microsoft looks ready to launch Windows 11

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Microsoft is slated to hold a “What’s next for Windows” event at 11 AM ET on June 24 to unveil Windows 11, a name that has recently been confirmed thanks to the leaked build that made it to the web. However, it turns out that the Windows 11 event might not be the only one to be taking place next Thursday, as the Redmond firm is holding an event for 3 PM ET, which it announced via Twitter today.

As is the case with these event invites, not much in the way of information is being provided. However, the company is rumored to be working on a brand new Microsoft Store with new policies that expand the types of apps that can be distributed through the store. It is possible that that announcement, along with more information on the specifics for developers, will be provided during the event.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
According to Cortana, there is no Windows 11.

"A playful question posed to Cortana shows why getting answers from web forums isn't always the best option."
told you guys there won't be a windows 11 but windows 10.1 instead!

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Thread author
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
After the Windows 11 ISO for build 21996.1 leaked a few days back, we at Neowin, as well as other outlets, have been exploring our way around it to get a feel of the upcoming Windows OS. You can read about our first impressions of Windows 11 here. We also briefly looked at the Pro version which you can find here.

A new kind of testing however was carried out by Hot Hardware, curious to find the changes made, if any, to the Windows 11 scheduler and how well it would cope with the upcoming Big-Bigger Alder Lake CPUs from Intel. In fact, AMD's next-gen Ryzen processors are also expected to feature a hybrid big.LITTLE kind of architectural design.

For testing, the Samsung Galaxy Book S with the Lakefield Core i7-L16G7 has been used since Alder Lake isn't out yet. The aforementioned Windows 11 build 21996.1 was compared against the 21H1 update for Windows 10 to check for performance differences in the new OS.

The results indicate a definite improvement in performance depending on the workload. There appears to be a big improvement in browser performance:

A Windows 11 ISO leaked to the web earlier this week, bringing the ability for enthusiasts to try out the upcoming OS from Microsoft and get an early look at the changes, including some cool new wallpapers. In the few days that the build has been out, users have been giving the OS a spin and finding some quirks in it. One such interesting – and surprising – aspect was found by our reader Adam (warwagon) relating to the Windows 11 Home Out-of-box experience (OOBE) process.

The Redmond firm has constantly pushed for users to log in to their Microsoft accounts on Windows 10 when setting up a new device and has made it difficult for users to skip the sign-in process. The workaround on desktops was to unplug the ethernet cable and select the “I don’t have internet” option to go ahead with a “limited setup” that allowed users to set up a local account. For Windows 11 Home users, however, that might no longer work – unless the OOBE experience is further tweaked in newer (and official) builds.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
1624110258323.png

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
In a way, I am kind of disappointed in the name Windows 11. In my opinion, it should have just named it Windows without any numbers and call the versions by their code/build name. Since every big update has its own name, in the last couple of years.
(assuming that Windows 11 is going to be the name)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
In a way, I am kind of disappointed in the name Windows 11. In my opinion, it should have just named it Windows without any numbers and call the versions by their code/build name. Since every big update has its own name, in the last couple of years.
(assuming that Windows 11 is going to be the name)
I think managing versions by numbers is just confusing.
Windows wooden frame (home)
Windows aluminum frame (pro)
Windows Iron lattice(enterprises)
:LOL:

Soundwave

Level 1
Verified
Jul 30, 2015
Honest?I thought 10 was like in mid life, based on what they said at first and after.That said, i like some interface parts but damn that middle taskbar start and other pinned stuff is ugly.Or maybe it's just simple me, my taskbar has explorer and firefox and some stuff pinned on start like wheather.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
We don't have much longer to wait as tomorrow, Microsoft will reveal their plans for Windows 11. Throughout the past week, the company has released a few teasers, the first one likely hints at the return of the startup sound, and yesterday's teaser seems to show a glimpse of the new default wallpaper, one of the many that were found in the leaked build. The latest one just dropped, which you can view below.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It's midnight Japan time. I'm currently wondering if it's worth watching even if I have to lose sleep. The more I can't sleep, the more I'm torn.:coffee:😴
.....:LOL:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Thread author
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It's midnight Japan time. I'm currently wondering if it's worth watching even if I have to lose sleep. The more I can't sleep, the more I'm torn.:coffee:😴
Haha. Thankfully it's 9 PM for me. So, perfect. It's probably not worth it for you to lose your precious sleep over it. Check everything on YouTube and here on MT tomorrow.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

Make sure to drink more tea or coffee and some dounts that doesnt make you sleepy,

2 hours left to watch the event, hope our boss (Jack) and Bill gates meet there at the event..

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Haha. Thankfully it's 9 PM for me. So, perfect. It's probably not worth it for you to lose your precious sleep over it. Check everything on YouTube and here on MT tomorrow.
Make sure to drink more tea or coffee and some dounts that doesnt make you sleepy,

2 hours left to watch the event, hope our boss (Jack) and Bill gates meet there at the event..
Interpret me as having fallen asleep unintentionally when my name disappeared from Members online.:ROFLMAO::sleep::ROFLMAO::sleep::ROFLMAO::sleep:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.