• Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Nvidia geforce 3080
i7 12700
1 tb ssd
16gt ram
Notable changes
avg > avira > F secure > microsoft defender > avg internet security > Avast ultimate > Microsoft Defender > trend micro > F secure > Microsoft defender> AVG > Microsoft defender > trend micro > G DATA > trend micro > f secure
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Personally i would uninstall both, and install warp plus first, reboot and see if it functions. If it does, more than likely a compatibility issues with both once gdata is installed. If it has issue after reboot, you will know it was not gdata but an issue with warp.
For sure it is compatibility issue, but this remains as mystery for now because i already did clean install and if i could giveaway the key i would donate it to someone..

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
How is the speed with Cloudflare WARP +?
Since im using brave with shields and warp+ together the speed is obviously faster than browser with ublock or adguard, dns speed is normal cloudflare speed i guess

my 100mbs connection is giving me decent speedtest results
1696513038437.png

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I used every setting gdata had on/off to see if it would connect ethernet on, firewall bombarded me and i allowed and even turned firewall off but it didnt help me to connect to internet at all. i created firewall rules to allow warp+ + my ethernet but nothing worked , it was like playing with the beta version that is full of bugs

Even tried the wlan connection but that did not work. I could write problems more detailed but if i cant get it work myself i dont bother with it. Internet has no any help of g data as its not that big company than others do

Sorry im just bit angry against f-secure and g-data problems i had. It shouldnt take hours to set up something or get it working

Well you could reset the internet settings as cmd, uninstall the internet driver and reinstall it, or use WiFI for test if you use laptop, etc outside AV next time that might be work.

AV and VPN/DNS are mess up due to the service it happens.

• Thanks
Reactions: Moonhorse

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Well you could reset the internet settings as cmd, uninstall the internet driver and reinstall it, or use WiFI for test if you use laptop, etc outside AV next time that might be work.

AV and VPN/DNS are mess up due to the service it happens.
I couldve used my phone as hotspot and tried the wifi workaround, cheers

Now im here sitting with microsoft defender, i have 3 years of trend micro and it works with brave + warp so might install that back

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
- Removed G-DATA

- clean install windows-

+ Added trend micro maximum security (2.5 years license left)
- enabled hypersensitive settings + high web protection enabled + scan emails enabled

+ Firefox beta ( because on mobile beta only has access to about:config)
- ublock origin in medium mode
- bitwarden
- trend micro extension

+ Cloudflare WARP+ enabled

What i just noticed is that firefox is the only browser trend micro web filter works correctly with

1696588737897.png

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
- Removed brave
- removed warp+

+ added google chrome
+ added adguard with dns0 as dns
+ trend micro on hypersensitive mode + web filter on ''high'' + scan email for threats enabled

Dns0 + google safe browsing + trend micro on high setting makes my web filtering steroids:devilish:

enabled this on adguard :
1697205029967.png

1697205039259.png

edit: added noscript to google chrome

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
- Removed brave
- removed warp+

+ added google chrome
+ added adguard with dns0 as dns
+ trend micro on hypersensitive mode + web filter on ''high'' + scan email for threats enabled

Dns0 + google safe browsing + trend micro on high setting makes my web filtering steroids:devilish:

enabled this on adguard :
View attachment 279084
View attachment 279085
There are 3 more pages that I know of to test ECH. I have all of them bookmarked just in case. For the third one you'll have to look if sni=encrypted/plaintext.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Enabled this on trend micro
1697465247027.png

Basically it blocks all virus sites , i can allow the ones i trust ( its same as high profile on android , blocks suspicious ( unknown pages)

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
- removed trend micro
- removed google chrome
- removed adguard

-clean install-

+Installed F-secure total security
+Installed firefox beta (because using f secure on android, and beta channel of firefox has only about:config to disable media.peerconnection.enabled to not leak the ip address)
+ installed ublock origin ( in medium mode)
+ DNS0 zero as Dns

I have internet security f secure key for 2 years available if someone wants to contact f secure and enable it that way, just pm me

I have 100/60 speeds with isp normally and f secure is giving me same speeds:love:
1697538746032.png

Latest firefox beta also supports ech, even using other dns than cloudflare (im using dns0 zero)
1697539082114.png

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Nice option in the parent control section. Thanks for the tip. I tested it today with 70 malicious links and the results were great.
Trend micro web filter is great alone, but even greater with high config + parental control. I just bought f secure because its easier to use on family devices , as you dont have to unblock sites manually with the mobile devices ( web filter being agressive)

Trend micro is light , great web filter and the mobile version is one of the best available, im definitely keeping eye on them in future even im f-secure customer currently

Reactions: Zartarra

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

+ Added adguard desktop ( using firefox+ adguard extension on android)
- enabled ech
1699190690498.png

Now im using F-secures ( the data center their vpn is using) DNS with ECH enabled
1699190844925.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.