Advanced Security Morro Security Configuration 2026

Last updated
Sep 26, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
25H2
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
- ESET Smart Security Premium
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Have set the tips as advised by CyberDevil in this post.


* Activated Windows Sandbox, makes testing a new software easier.
Periodic malware scanners
- EEK (On demand)
- SiriusLLM (On demand)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
Does not apply to me, see above.
Browsers and extensions
Vivaldi

— uBlock-Stripped
— 3P-Matrix Lite
— Download Sentinel
— Let's GPC
— Dark Reader
Secure DNS
— NextDNS
Desktop VPN
none
Password and passkey manager
Vivaldi's built-in password manager.
File and photo backups
I do this manually to my external HD.
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
* Hasleo Backup Suite Free.
* External Hard Drive.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
Computer specs
* Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
* Motherboard: B560 ATX Wi-Fi / 1200 Socket (ATX)
* Processor: Intel i9 11900K - 8 cores - 16 threads - 3,5 GHz (Turbo 5,3 GHz)
* CPU Cooler: Master Liquid 240mm RGB(Active.) Air Cooling. (Passive.)
* SSD: Patriot M2 P300 1024GB
* External 5 TB WD Elements 25A3 USB Device
* RAM: RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 MHz (2x 16GB)
* Graphics card: Nvidia RTX 4060 8GB
* MSI MAG 27CQ6F - WQHD Curved Gaming Monitor - 180Hz - 27 Inch
* Outer casing: Sharkoon REV100
* Power: 750Watt - 80Plus GOLD
* Lan: Realtek 2.5 Gbps
* Sound: Realtek ALC892
* USB: 11 ports (Of different kinds.)
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Theoretically, this is true; practically, using only easylist lets YT ads pass when opened in new tab, and using only adguard list leave some gaps after blocking ads.
Many/most YouTube related fixes are part of uBlock Origin filters so using only EasyList may not be enough for YouTube while AdGuard Base has many rules that are compatible only with AdGuard products (extension, desktop & mobile app). So maybe that's why you experienced that.
So that is the reason why I suggested the above mentioned AdGuard Base without EasyList filter. This one was made to be used in uBO.
Besides, Vivaldi's ad-blocker is not as power and featureful as uBO, AdGuard or even Brave's adblocking engine.
 
I used to enable the built-in EasyPrivacy, EasyList, PeterLowe, FanboyAnnoyance, and EasyListCookie filters in Vivaldi's ad blocker and never noticed ads on YouTube. Today, I tried the built-in filters, AdGuardBase, HageziDNSPro, and AdGuardDNS, but I noticed intermittent ads, skipping, or delays of a few seconds. It seems either the Vivaldi Desktop updates broke its ad blocker or YouTube detects it now.

In Vivaldi on two iPads, I'm using the mentioned built-in filters, along with HageziDNSLight and AdGuardDNS (NextDNS), and I'm not seeing ads on YouTube.

@Morro, What's your experience?
 
I used to enable the built-in EasyPrivacy, EasyList, PeterLowe, FanboyAnnoyance, and EasyListCookie filters in Vivaldi's ad blocker and never noticed ads on YouTube. Today, I tried the built-in filters, AdGuardBase, HageziDNSPro, and AdGuardDNS, but I noticed intermittent ads, skipping, or delays of a few seconds. It seems either the Vivaldi Desktop updates broke its ad blocker or YouTube detects it now.

In Vivaldi on two iPads, I'm using the mentioned built-in filters, along with HageziDNSLight and AdGuardDNS (NextDNS), and I'm not seeing ads on YouTube.

@Morro, What's your experience?

So far I am not seeing any ads on Youtube?
 
So far I am not seeing any ads on Youtube?
I tried disabling all extensions, but I see ads on YouTube with Vivaldi's ad blocker. Also, Vivaldi doesn't clear browsing data successfully. After clearing browsing data, the history section is empty, but if I browse a previously accessed website, the drop-down shows the website with the history label. I can clean the browsing data successfully through chrome://settings.
 
I tried disabling all extensions, but I see ads on YouTube with Vivaldi's ad blocker. Also, Vivaldi doesn't clear browsing data successfully. After clearing browsing data, the history section is empty, but if I browse a previously accessed website, the drop-down shows the website with the history label. I can clean the browsing data successfully through chrome://settings.
Having two groups of settings in Vivaldi is quite distrubing.
 
I tried disabling all extensions, but I see ads on YouTube with Vivaldi's ad blocker. Also, Vivaldi doesn't clear browsing data successfully. After clearing browsing data, the history section is empty, but if I browse a previously accessed website, the drop-down shows the website with the history label. I can clean the browsing data successfully through chrome://settings.

Well, personally I use Wise Disk Cleaner once a week or so to clear up everything, instead of doing it in the browser itself. (Just a personal preference, that is all.)
 
- Removed WHH Light after hardening rules were added to ESET SSP.
- Added SiriusLLM as a second on-demand scanner.


EDIT: Sadly, he did not do what I mentioned before, he just called me that he had forgotten to help me set up a admin / standard user account. He will drop by in two weeks, to still help me do so. And yes it can be done by me, but I rather have some one do it for me this time. :)
 
Last edited:
Hi,;)
Perhaps you meant to write “from Administrator to Standard.”
Or from Microsoft account to Local account.

Check it out.

  • Control Panel
  • User Accounts
  • Change account type (password required)

See below for an example of my Microsoft Standard Account:

4.png
 
Hi,;)
Perhaps you meant to write “from Administrator to Standard.”
Or from Microsoft account to Local account.

Check it out.

  • Control Panel
  • User Accounts
  • Change account type (password required)

See below for an example of my Microsoft Standard Account:

View attachment 292476

LoL yes that is what I meant, but I just found out he did not, hence the edit to my previous post. Thanks for the correction. :D
 
I started trying out DNS4EU two weeks ago, and I must say that so far I really like. It is fast, and it has different option for people in the EU.

Efficient but with more FP compared to ControlD hagezi tif.
 
Back
Top