Troubleshoot mouse moving to left and randomly clicking the screen

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
Hi all I have a new laptop which is 3 months old Approximately 3 days ago the mouse started pulling to the left And randomly clicking the screen At first I thought some of the software has been corrupted So I decided to do a complete wipe and reinstall windows During the wipe and reinstall the mouse clicking pulling to the left and randomly clicking the boxes I decided to solve this problem By connecting a stand-alone mouse, However the problem continued, So my thoughts now are That is developed some sort of board or hardware issue Since the laptop is under warranty I can send it back Any thoughts are comments welcome.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I had a dozen or so computers all the same manufacturer and model, 2 of them developed an issue similar to yours, the mouse pointer would mostly drift to the left but also dart randomly and open windows, it ended up being bad touchscreens but when they replaced them they also replaced the graphics board, fwiw.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2022
Did you disable the touch pad when using the stand-alone mouse? It could simply be dirt, but opening up and cleaning the laptop by yourself is not something you should resort to while under warranty :)

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2022
Was any damage done to your property? Also, do you feel like your wellbeing was in any sort of danger due to that sudden malfunction? They are responsible for reimbursing you for the trauma, especially since the product is practically brand new. So, I suggest you talk to your lawyer :)

Reactions: Dave Russo
Upvote 0

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
So no news about laptop no emails been responded to, No replacement or refund so going to let my wife handle it, she is a judge and knows her way around the law,

Reactions: BigWrench
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.