Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
This has happened to me even in Safe Mode!

My mouse is Logitech M100.

My AV is Panda Pro. I suspect it as a possible culprit, and I had already decided I was going to switch to another product. But I can't do that without a functioning arrow.

I am going to see if System Restore can help me. But I would like feedback on all possible causes.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Try a usb mouse for the time being. it's probably the mouse, low battery or just worn out, it's fairly old isn't it. I'm very fond of Logitech but they do wear out.

Edit- Try a usb corded mouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: upnorth
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
My Logitech M100 is indeed a corded USB mouse plugged into the front of my tower. I avoid cordless.
If one of the buttons gets stuck or broken on a logitech mouse, it can prevent the cursor from moving. I don't know your model, but it happened with mine. After freeing up the button, the mouse started working again.

Upvote 0

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Thanks. I'm doing OK so far after a System Restore, but I'm going to run System File Checker.

Reactions: shmu26
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.