Solved My friends messed with alot of system stuff, what can I do to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Changed open program sound - and also changed around mouse settings/cursor and scroll wheel speed.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
i dont know what to do man
Your current Antivirus
Checkpoint Harmony EDR
Guys everytime I open a program there are Moaning Sounds im unfortunately not kidding what do I do?
My mouse is broken too.
Also looking at this now this might not be the right spot for this, but I gotta fix this man.

Solution
You’d wanna go check your mouse cursor settings and sound settings.

I’d recommend that you put everything on defaults.
Luckily I had a system restore to a point from yesterday.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It sounds like your friends may have installed some malicious software on your computer. I would recommend running a full scan with a trusted antivirus program to remove any potential threats. Additionally, try updating or reinstalling the mouse drivers to fix the issue with your mouse.

• Sad
Reactions: codswollip
Upvote 0

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
It sounds like your friends may have installed some malicious software on your computer. I would recommend running a full scan with a trusted antivirus program to remove any potential threats. Additionally, try updating or reinstalling the mouse drivers to fix the issue with your mouse.
Not malware

Upvote 0

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Not malware
If it's not malware, there could be several other possible causes for the strange sounds and broken mouse. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check for recently installed programs or updates: If your friends made any changes to your system, it's possible that they installed a program or made changes that are causing the strange sounds and mouse issues. Check the list of recently installed programs or updates and try uninstalling any suspicious ones.

2. Update drivers: Outdated or incompatible drivers can sometimes cause unusual behavior. Try updating the drivers for your sound card and mouse by visiting the manufacturer's website and downloading the latest versions.

3. Check system sound settings: It's possible that your friends may have changed the sound settings on your computer. Go to the sound settings in the control panel and make sure everything is configured correctly.

4. Restore system to a previous point: If none of the above solutions work, you can try using the system restore feature to roll back your computer to a previous point in time when everything was working properly. This will undo any changes made by your friends.

If none of these solutions resolve the issues, it may be worth seeking assistance from a professional technician or posting more detailed information about the problem in a tech support community.

• HaHa
Upvote 0

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023

Upvote 0

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023

Luckily I had a system restore to a point from yesterday.

Upvote 0
Solution

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would changed my password on the affected PC so idiots can't mess with it.
This was 100% a security breach. A user* was provided full access to their system, and allowed to modify system settings.

*Authorised yet untrusted and unsupervised.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey
Upvote 0

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
This was 100% a security breach. A user* was provided full access to their system, and allowed to modify system settings.

*Authorised yet untrusted and unsupervised.
I got physically forced to give the password lol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.