Battle My Kaspersky is Going to Expire. Please suggest me any of the Security solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Please suggest me any security software which i can you my kaspersky is going to expire in 1 week please suggest me i want order my new security software as fast as i can.

My Requirement:
1.Good User Interface
2.Fast
3.Offcourse a good dectection rate
4.Supports windows 8

I had ordered ESET Smart Security by consulting UmbraCorp. i will get my ESET in 1 or 2 hours

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 178

KLMALWAREHUNTER said:
And a system that have a ligth AV product neither can be used beacause all malwares that bypass the AV crash and slow the system.

bad example, light never meant weak, ESET, PANDA, NIS, AVAST and others are light on system and very efficient.

that is best a ligth product that offer low protection that another that with a little more of resources offer a lot...

where i say that?

So, you are exagerated with KIS and PURE dont use ultra resources only are a bit more heavy that eset...
The database only takes time the first time that you update the product, another updates take only 1 min.

if i was alone to say that but unfortunately it is not the case.
KIS database took 1h30, before i cancelled and uninstall it.. many friends and me observed peaks of CPU usage that froze totally the system for few seconds.
lucky for you if that never happen to you
the 2013 version seems to be better in that field.

I think that you must install again KIS in a VM and test that are not ultra heavy how you think :s

i did on my real system, VM may limit some products.

Anyway you are a fan of Kaspersky and personally i dont like it, so the discussion will never stop ^^

P

Plexx

Before this becomes Kaspersky vs ESET lets lay down some personal experiences:

Considering I am an Online Gamer:

ESET does not cause any problems whilst playing games, while Kaspersky does decrease FPS, increases Lag, not to mention the I/O and RAM usage.

Boot time on an SSD between ESET and Kaspersky was around 10 seconds more for the later.

Kaspersky does have more advanced modules compared to ESET but the question is: Do you really need it all? If the answer is yes, then the final question is: How high end is your system?

Mine being an i7 gaming laptop I felt the slowdown on Kaspersky. Was manageable but still, for an online gamer, every little counts.

Upon installation, Kaspersky simply has a daunting long update process.

Also lets look at another perspective:

ESET since version 5 was released had 3 to 4 updates in total. How many did Kaspersky 2012 and 2013 had? 2012 sat at patch i if memory serves me right.

Detection rate on zero day pretty much is even.

In fact we can throw in BD into the mix since they all sit at around the same level.

What one should always take note: never take any test whether its from a company or from users 100%. For the users who have the means to test it on virtual machines, then by all means test run it for a long period of time (not just a few hours).

For those who can't, then try the trial offered by the vendors and compare it to your normal day usage (not throw in tons of links or malware packs and judge straight away).

Sure youtube tests and including my tests do that but the purpose of such tests is to show the user a few things:

*How the program works
*What components there are
*How well does it perform against static and on demand tests
*How well are the removal capabilities once something is detected
*Resources usage (please don't simply get mistaken on RAM usage)

In the end, it is up to the user to decide.

I have had avast! running on a mid end and a high end laptop. On the mid end I did not really experience any slow downs due to its hardware components, yet on my high end I did simply because A) its superior hardware and B) I am used to the lightness and speed.

For an online gamer: AVG, CIS and ESET all do well.
For an offline gamer, you can then throw some more into the mix.

KIS/KAV/BD/Bullguard/GData/Trend are more for the average joe and beginner than targeted for gamers.

One last thing: Detection is not everything. No point in having good detection if it makes the system crawl (BitDefender 2013 scan speed as an example).

CIS/NAV/NIS/Webroot are based mainly on prevention
ESET/EAM is in between despite having heuristics and HIPS, it also has good detection rate.
KIS/KAV/BD/GDATA: all around at the cost of being heavy
AVG/MSE: Average enough for the average joe

If I continue, then it will just be a wall of text.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
KLMALWAREHUNTER said:
And a system that have a ligth AV product neither can be used beacause all malwares that bypass the AV crash and slow the system.

bad example, light never meant weak, ESET, PANDA, NIS, AVAST and others are light on system and very efficient.

that is best a ligth product that offer low protection that another that with a little more of resources offer a lot...

where i say that?

So, you are exagerated with KIS and PURE dont use ultra resources only are a bit more heavy that eset...
The database only takes time the first time that you update the product, another updates take only 1 min.

if i was alone to say that but unfortunately it is not the case.
KIS database took 1h30, before i cancelled and uninstall it.. many friends and me observed peaks of CPU usage that froze totally the system for few seconds.
lucky for you if that never happen to you
the 2013 version seems to be better in that field.

I think that you must install again KIS in a VM and test that are not ultra heavy how you think :s

i did on my real system, VM may limit some products.

Anyway you are a fan of Kaspersky and personally i dont like it, so the discussion will never stop ^^

Now i use ESET SS but i need to update its updated in around 5mins according to my Internet speed as i have to download only 48mb of updates it is very good
ESET SS is very light on system i like it firewall mode i change my mode from automatic to interactive mode it too good without my permission none of the software or any file can connect to internet. nice softwarenow i am not getting any frozen pc and kaspersky is very heavy it takes use high cpu usage.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
KLMALWAREHUNTER said:
no advanced cloud service? what you mean by that?

That dont have a cloud system how KSN that can identified a unknow threat in 40 seconds.

That dont have a cloud system that can check if an archive is legit or is not.

That dont have a cloud system that whitelist an blacklist applications.

Low detection rate? on all test i have done it perform quite well. check the malware hub on this forum. remember that most users encounter few 0-days in their daily surfing.

Easy answer, check results in ALL test:

File detection test: http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/docs/avc_fdt_201209_en.pdf Check the position of ESET :)

Real world protection test: http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/docs/avc_prot_201210_en.pdf

Check the results of ESET and see of the Kaspersky :)

Proactive test: http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/docs/avc_beh_201207_en.pdf see ESET stats and Kaspesky stats :)

Phising test: http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/docs/avc_aph_201207_en.pdf See Kaspersky and ESET results :angel:

Malware removal test: http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/docs/avc_rem_201211_en.pdf :sleepy:

Another company of test:

ESET: http://www.av-test.org/no_cache/en/tests/test-reports/?tx_avtestreports_pi1[report_no]=121813

Kaspersky: http://www.av-test.org/no_cache/en/tests/test-reports/?tx_avtestreports_pi1[report_no]=121827

ESET Owned in tests by Kaspersky.

You now can say: "The best test is that you do" Well, this is the global results, obviously Kaspersky win ESET in all ways.

So Unknow see all this before change or decide about you future protection beacause that an AV is ligth is good, but remember that the best important is the protection.

Take care.

i respect your view about kaspersky but really kaspersky is having good detection rate as compared to eset but i am normal user i don't use to visit any malcious site but really i can even protect my pc with my second opinion scanner i use to scan my pc daily with second opinion scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.