Solved My Win7 laptop suddenly rebooted should i Worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
Hi guys!
I was just surfing on youtube watching some vids my ampdan1 and my laptop unexpectedly got rebooted without even my consent...this has never happened before... should I worry? :(..any ideas what could be the cause?? i installed a update for my win7 by microsoft update today..

P

Plexx

I still suspect Hardware failure somewhere, which could be due to over heating.

Lucky here in GIB it aint that hot...

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
malwarekiller said:
I also found a piece of thick cloth blocking the fan vents down my laptop and I just moved it away and cleaned the vents

Problem solved?

If it's not hardware issues, just keep tabs on the CPU Temp using Speccy (or similar software).

Switch off or Sleep, when the laptop isn't in use, are good tips too.

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

To be honest, I should invest in a Laptop cooler myself.

Any recommendations for a Dell XPS 17?

If possible an UK site.

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

Thanks a lot Tom172. Sorry I wasnt clear. When I meant recommendations, I forgot to say as in Brands. I know cooler masters from Desktop components but what about for Laptops?

Upvote 0

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
almost every laptop I have purchased has twice the amount of thermal paste needed, it's almost a given when I get a new laptop I need to remove the old and put some new on (small amount).

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Do you use any temp monitors like speedfan? download bluescreenview and see if there are any minidumps in there from a crash?
http://goo.gl/GnzaW

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.