Battle Need a centrally managed solution for all home pc's and several remote

Compare list
Emsisoft, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, others

trujax

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2017
As the title states, I am working through what solution would make the most sense to support all my home pcs as well as several other family members that are in various locations. Looking at this as supporting a small business. I have some ideas, but curious as to what recommendations are out there, that maybe I have not thought of. Business solutions are not out of the question, just looking for the best protection, lightweight, and allows me to remotely manage/take action when necessary.

The poll is, of course, not an extensive list.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
We need more information such as the number of PC/Laptops, and mobile devices.

What are they running; Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS or other OS?
Are all devices on the latest versions, or are some stuck on older or unsupported platforms?

Final question, did you ask them if they are OK with 1 person to manage their devices? If they chose to opt-out, are you looking for another suggestion?

trujax

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2017
We need more information such as the number of PC/Laptops, and mobile devices.

What are they running; Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS or other OS?
Are all devices on the latest versions, or are some stuck on older or unsupported platforms?

Final question, did you ask them if they are OK with 1 person to manage their devices? If they chose to opt-out, are you looking for another suggestion?
Approximately 5-8 devices, all windows. Versions are Windows 7-11. I help them with everything tech related today, so this is all about making my life easier. If they opt-out, then they opt-out for good.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Endpoint solutions are the best for multi-device management, but for such a small number of machines, I don't think it's worthy the extra costs. Bitdefender has one of the best remote management for home solutions, including remote scans. Kaspersky has also improved a lot. I haven't used ESET home solutions for over 2 years but it used to be quite limited. I would test it if you can.

Thatsnomoon

Nov 27, 2022
ESET Home is very limited. You can share licenses and see if connected devices are up to date- not much else. Bitdefender Central (home use) was much better as far as remote management goes. It allowed you to remotely run scans and gave a report of infections blocked, etc. No experience with the business solutions

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
One centrally managed solution for all home PCs and several remote locations is to use a cloud-based endpoint protection platform.

By using a cloud-based endpoint protection platform, you can manage all your devices from a single console, regardless of their location. You can easily keep track of all the devices, apply security policies and measures, and monitor and report on any suspicious activities. This is also an ideal solution as it provides you with the ability to remotely manage and take action when necessary.

One endpoint protection platform worth considering is Sophos Central. It allows you to manage all your devices from a single console, regardless of their location. It also provides advanced protection against malware, ransomware, and other threats, and allows you to remotely manage and take action when necessary.

Another option to look at is Microsoft Intune. It provides cloud-based management for all your devices, including mobile devices and Macs, with secure access to company apps and data from any device. It also provides built-in security features, like device-level encryption and secure app management.

Overall, there are a lot of options available when it comes to centrally managed solutions for all home PCs and remote devices. It is essential to evaluate the security features, management tools, and pricing to ensure that you choose the solution that is the best fit for your needs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.