Battle New challenge: 5 paid Internet Security Suites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward ST

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
I launched a new challenge: 5 paid Internet Security Suites: Bitdefender Internet Security, Kaspersky Internet Security, Norton Internet Security, F-Secure Internet Security, G Data Internet Security and Avast Internet Security.

NOTE: All the suites are on the last version - 2013.
Thanks for all the votes and replies!

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Earth said:
That Comodo GeekBuddy pop-up is very misleading and personally I consider it a scare-tactic.

Jack said:
And only after you'll click on "No, I will try it to clean it myself", you'll get the detection window.

I find it funny, that I never had to "clean it myself" ,and in fact COMODO removed the infection on it own, without any help.

I completely agree especially if it pop ups on false positives, let GeekBuddy charge you to remove an infection that doesn't exists.;)

Is there a way to remove the GeekBuddy pop-ups permanently? or does it happen each time malware is detected? If so this is what I would call nagware not freeware.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Comodo added many many small-useless-annoying-things lately that long-time fervent users like me shifted to another more "professional" solutions.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I voted other.

I personally like and use CIS 6, yes I know it isn't a paid suite. But still it offers very good protection. The antivirus has improved a lot. I still cannot believe you get all these features for free.

But if I had to choose one from this list I would go with NIS. It has very low RAM usage. Very good detection rate combined with SONAR. It automatically removes threats on it's on. Very good for newbies and the scanning speed is not fast, nor slow.

NIS 2013 did come with my PC. I used it for the 30 days and it was excellent. When the trial was up I installed CIS 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.