New SlimJet Browser Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I really see no reason to use one of these chrome look alike browsers.I would sooner just use google chrome rather than some spin-off.
To give google some credit here,They make a fine and solid browser and keep it updated.

But these 3rd party outfits i find dubious as they dont really bring anything new to the table.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Lots of problems with v5 and Linux here. Twice had to uninstall.

Well I do not use Linux so I can not help you there, but if you give more information I could send a bug report. Information like wich version of Linux, what happened ... how it happened etcetera. the more information you can give the better.

@Amiga500

Better ask a moderator to remove the double post. :)

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
I've got a thread up on the forums, and I've spoken to Stephen about it and he's going to run LinuxLite in a VM and check it out.

Reactions: frogboy

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Just posted this at the forum:

Just tried latest SJ 5 on a Win7 x64 machine. Ran 9%-16% of CPU idling with three tabs open. Noticed because laptop fan began accelerating. Reverted to 4.15 via windows restore point, still needed a complete SJ reinstall with new user profile. cpu usage with same tabs back to 0-1% with 4. I don't think 5's problems are relegated to Linux, and i don't think it should be the site's primary download. I'm staying with 4 until I think something's changed.

Also, ublock origin is hitting more script ads than built-in adblock plus, and has a far more useful interface.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Good that he is checking it out for you. As for uBlock Origin ... yeah I use it to instead of the build-in Adblock Plus. :)

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
I hope the built-in gets better, as it's always much better to have the code compiled than added on. And I didn't try the new download accelerator, but I hope it does away with chromium's absurd "download shelf". I use downloads box to do that currently, and it's flawless. I would consider this release a beta.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
As far as it goes with the download accelerator, yeah it could be considered a Beta. Simply because it does not work on all websites yet, but I tried downloading a few programs with it and it went fast indeed.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
  • Add support for subscribing additional filter lists with built-in ad blocker. (Check Ad Blocker Options dialog)
  • Fix more bugs with ad blocker.
  • Avoid blocking reading from html canvas for extension scripts
  • Revised QuickFill save form interface from info bar to a small dialog at the right bottom corner of the browser window.

Download: Download the fastest web browser for Windows for free.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
My cousin is using V4 and works good on windows, never seen V5 on any computer over here.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Latest updates.

• Add support for subscribing additional filter lists with built-in ad blocker. (Check Ad Blocker Options dialog)
  • Fix more bugs with ad blocker.
  • Avoid blocking reading from html canvas for extension scripts
  • Revised QuickFill save form interface from info bar to a small dialog at the right bottom corner of the browser window.

Check it out here. Fastest web browser for Windows and Linux powered by Blink engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.