Status
Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I do not know if any one else hat this or noticed it, but when I tried to update to version 5.0.14.0 the online updater kept updating to version 5.0.13.0? ( I tried re-downloading twice. )

I made this online feedback to Slimjet about that ...

I tried to update to version 5.0.14.0, but the online updater shows that it is updating to version 5.0.13.0. And through "About Slimjet" I also see that the version is 5.0.13.0?

In short, practically what I used as my opening sentence in this post. :)

Reactions: Rebsat

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I always use the offline installer. But I'm skipping this update so I can't say.

Yeah that is what I did this time after I noticed the thing from my previous post, but I wanted to mention it here just in case people where unaware of this mistake on Slimjets side.

Reactions: LAGUN and Rebsat

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I liked it and used it for a long time. But it gives me crash pages often and some sites doesn't load up properly giving missing elements.

I'm going back to SRWare Iron which is Google Chrome without it's privacy problems and auto-updates turned off. No other changes than that. And faster than Chrome itself.

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
I installed 6 Beta. I find that on Linux x64 it is more stable (I was finally able to turn hardware acceleration back on) and noticeably faster than 5 was. Major step forward.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I was first thinking ... that is quit a jump forward from 5.0.16.0 ... but then I saw the Beta part. ( Man I need some coffee right now. :) )

It is a Beta but I will try it out none the less. :)

Reactions: frogboy

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Sorry but at this moment there is no "What's new" information yet for the 5.0.17.0 version, so if some one sees it after my post please post the "What's new" information for 5.0.17.0? ( Thank you. :) )

Download: Download the fastest web browser for Windows for free.

I bet this is supposed to say 5.0.17.0 since this was just posted today. There are two 5.0.16.0 versions which is how I came to this conclusion.

5.0.16.0 (11/8/2015)
  • Fixed crash when signing into eBay.

Reactions: Morro

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I bet this is supposed to say 5.0.17.0 since this was just posted today. There are two 5.0.16.0 versions which is how I came to this conclusion.

5.0.16.0 (11/8/2015)
  • Fixed crash when signing into eBay.

It is indeed for version 5.0.17.0 ... Doh I only checked the version number and not the possible fix information beneath it. Thanks OokamiCreed, and it seems that the SlimJet team noticed it ( Or they where informed. ) themselves, because it now shows as version 5.0.17.0. :)

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
6.0.1.0 (11/14/2015)
  • Update language files
  • Fix misc bugs.
  • Added option to automatically invert web page color (Check the option "Invert web page color" under "Accessibility" section of the settings page or corresponding toolbar button).
  • 6.0.0.0 (11/7/2015)
No longer BETA.

Download: Download the fastest web browser for Windows for free.

EDIT: Hmm I did not notice this when I tried the Beta version 6, but all of a sudden ( For me at least. ) youtube videos load really slow. I have SlimJet set to force FLash player and SmartVideo for Youtube to buffer first. In previous versions this buffered the Youtube videos fast as is to be expected with Flash Videos.

But now it looks like the videos get loaded as html5 videos ... despite the fact that I force Flash player. Any one else getting this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.