Status
Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Im tempted to try this one.It uses google safe browsing i assume.

SlimJet has a setting called "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" under the Privvacy part of Settings. Under Privace settings there is a link to learn more about the privacy settings ... and when clicking on that link it shows this information for the "Protect you" setting ...

• About this feature: Get an instant alert whenever the browser detects that the website you're going to may be harmful.
  • Information that is sent: When you visit a website, Chrome checks it against a list of known-bad websites stored on your computer. If the URL matches anything on the list, your browser sends a partial copy of the URL to Google to decide if you're visiting a risky site.

So as long as you have that setting active my guess would be yeah it will. :) ( Unless you use a DNS service like Norton or something, as I do. )

Reactions: Paul B.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
SlimJet has a setting called "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" under the Privvacy part of Settings. Under Privace settings there is a link to learn more about the privacy settings ... and when clicking on that link it shows this information for the "Protect you" setting ...

So as long as you have that setting active my guess would be yeah it will. :) ( Unless you use a DNS service like Norton or something, as I do. )
So its not totally private.It is still pinging google servers.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
So its not totally private.It is still pinging google servers.

If you use "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" then it will send a partial URL to Google so yeah it will not be totally private. Just simply keep the box next to "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" unchecked and you will have more privacy. :)

Also they way you asked I assumed that was what you wanted?

SkepT

Level 1
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
6.0.8.0 (12/18/2016)
  • Fixed a bug with tencent video playback.
  • Add integration support for Screencastify extension (Select "Record video from current tab" from the menu to install the extension).
  • Fixed a crash case with ad blocker.
  • Fixed a bug with turbocharged download manager.
Download: Slimjet
:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Morro and Paul B.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Latest update.

Whats new
6.0.8.0 (12/18/2016)
  • Fixed a bug with tencent video playback.
  • Add integration support for Screencastify extension (Select "Record video from current tab" from the menu to install the extension).
  • Fixed a crash case with ad blocker.
  • Fixed a bug with turbocharged download manager.
6.0.7.0 (12/8/2015)

Link. Download the fastest web browser for Windows for free.

SkepT

Level 1
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
6.0.10.0 (12/31/2015)
  • Fixed a bug with turbocharged download manager when downloading html files.
  • Update language files.
Download: Slimjet

Reactions: Rishi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.