Not open for further replies.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
  • Bug fix: open bookmark from bookmark menu didn't follow the option of automatic new tab creation.
  • Added "Open with..." menu to downloaded files on the download shelf so that you can open it with different programs.
  • Added support for fully customizable mouse gestures. Check "Settings: Mouse Gestures"
  • Fixed a crash case in bookmark side panel.
  • Fixed a crash case with QuickFill
  • Redesigned the color selection dialog in new tab page.
http://www.slimjet.com/en/whatisnew.php

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
You got to love timezones ... earlier this dy I checked for updates and there was none yet. And now at almost 12 o'clock in the evening I see there is a new update. :D

Either way thanks Petrovic. :)

Reactions: Jaspion

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Thank you for the info Littlebits.I am testing Slimjet right now,& i like it so far.Everything transferred(theme,bookmarks,etc.) without a problem.My main Browser is Comodo Dragon only because it has a Suppress HTTP Referrer Header option,which i think CD is the only Browser to have this.
google chrome has an extension called umatrix which i use alongside ublock and it has a suppress referrer header option...FYI.;)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
That is several in a few days. Oh well i still like SlimJet and will use it and CyberFox into the future. :)

Reactions: Morro

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Emsisoft detected Slimjet as "spyware". I assume it was a false positive.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Wow, this
You got to love timezones ... earlier this dy I checked for updates and there was none yet. And now at almost 12 o'clock in the evening I see there is a new update. :D

Either way thanks Petrovic. :)
was my first unread message. I selected to quote it because the same happened to me today, I checked earlier but there was nothing, and checked now when I saw this message and found an update. The funny thing is that the new message that made this thread appear on the main page is not about today's update!

So it is my pleasure to announce:

Slimjet 2.1.6 released!
  • Bug fix: Netflix video streaming not working.
  • Bug fix: mouse gesture settings dialog not working in some non-English interface.
http://www.slimjet.com/en/whatisnew.php

Reactions: Morro and frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I use 64bit but you need at least 8 gig of ram or just use 32 bit not much change in speed. :D

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
  • Add support for middle-clicking to open site in new tab in "Recently visited sites" and "Most frequently visited sites" menu.
  • Default behavior change: Middle clicking a link in bookmark menu, bookmark bar, "Recently visited sites" and "Most frequently visited sites" menu opens the link in a foreground new tab by default. Hold shift while middle-clicking to open the link in a background new tab.
  • Fixed translation issue and display issue of the customization dialog and url editing dialog in the new tabs page.
  • Fixed a couple of bugs about the "Download all links" dialog.

Download: http://www.slimjet.com/en/dlpage.php?update=1

Reactions: tonibalas

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I use 64bit but you need at least 8 gig of ram or just use 32 bit not much change in speed. :D
Thank you, my amphibious friend.:) Looks like I've just 6 GB RAM, with a mere 5.82 usable,:rolleyes:
so ..32 bit Slim Jet here I come!!:p

Reactions: frogboy

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Let me know how your SlimJet is flying? I am sure you will like i know i do. :eek::D
Thanks, frogboy! I wanted to share I have been 'flying' the SlimJet since late last night and throughout today.:) It is the 32 bit portable version which I'd installed from, and extracted onto, a USB flash drive that shares space beside 64 bit Cyberfox portable. It feels nice to stretch out with another Chromium based browser (besides Opera installed) and the SlimJet's flying quite well thus far.:D There is but one drawback, it does not work well with Sandboxie yet.:( This was also a noticeable characteristic of past stable updates to Google Chrome versions. So, I shall continue to fly the "Jolly SlimJet Roger" banner, currently sailing in Shadow Defender's Shadow Mode, and will keep you posted!;)

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.