Battle New Web Browser poll- Which browser do you use as your default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I "Officially";) used to use Firefox nearly as much as Chrome, and yet Littlebits' prediction hath come to pass because of conveniently installed portable Chrome versions on 2 separate external drives (one installed with Cyberfox x64, & respectively, another Firefox replacement, Palemoon x64) this may have been a defining reason why Chrome has gradually become a more frequently used browser. This could be based upon it's high level of security with frequent update patches, responsiveness, and (just now) that I was able to make a phone call using my Google Talk number effortlessly with Chrome whereas the portable Palemoon x64 does not seem (yet) to be able to utilize the Google talk video/phone plug-in. The New(-er) Chrome-like Firefox Australis version comes in second (..or should it have been 1st now!??:confused::oops:) considering my wife, "The Queen",:rolleyes: recently switched to Firefox since late warnings over IE's vulnerabilities were reported; and Firefox has behaved very well!:) Given the time she puts in on Firefox, something tells me I may have mistakenly mis-calculated the resulting ballots from the "District of Cats-4_Owners-2".o_O Oops!!:oops:..sorry.;) Anyway, except for a sad mistrust of a pair of Dragon's I've been very fond of in the past, & Opera 12.17's old Presto engine stacking my search results strangely vertical I'm trusting Chrome to be my personal default browser, and I've continued to like all those which I've mentioned perhaps a bit too well!:rolleyes: :p:D

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Last edited:

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I'm using Opera as my primary browser, with Pale Moon and Internet Explorer as secondary options. I used to use Pale Moon as my primary, but Chromium-based browsers are much more responsive when you have lots of tabs open. Opera was falling short compared to, say, Chrome itself but with the new optional features of showing the full address and having no space above the tab in full screen it's very usable to me, and my primary option.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I'm using Firefox 31 (Aurora) right now. Only 2 crashes since 3 months, and is fast! It has australis, but I partly disabled some stuff:
upload_2014-5-28_18-7-5.png

As you see, I brought the Firefox Button back, Restored the Addon Bar, and Moved the options menu to the addon bar. I also use Omnibar and Fasterfox as extensions, along with Disconnect and WOT. Also enter Self-Destructing Cookies. I use Chrome to video-stream as it has a better HTML5 score and allows 1080p Playback. Firefox has 416 score while Chrome has 505 out of 555 (html5test.com). I change browsers every month or so so I adapt to each one (even IE).

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Still with spyware Google Chrome, but the Canary build. :)
I particularly like your "Canary build" Sports car!:D

I'm using Firefox 31 (Aurora) right now. Only 2 crashes since 3 months, and is fast! It has australis, but I partly disabled some stuff:
View attachment 12129
As you see, I brought the Firefox Button back, Restored the Addon Bar, and Moved the options menu to the addon bar. I also use Omnibar and Fasterfox as extensions, along with Disconnect and WOT. Also enter Self-Destructing Cookies. I use Chrome to video-stream as it has a better HTML5 score and allows 1080p Playback. Firefox has 416 score while Chrome has 505 out of 555 (html5test.com). I change browsers every month or so so I adapt to each one (even IE).

Firefox 31 Aurora looks impressive! You're Beta testing, right? Although it took me a while to appreciate, Self-Destructing Cookies is now one of my favorites add-ons!:) I didn't know Chrome streams videos so well, thanks! Now I know what I'll be using to watch Justified & (hopefully):rolleyes: Game of Thrones!:D (sandboxed)..on FreeTV.com;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.