Battle New Web Browser poll- Which browser do you use as your default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
I use them all,but chrome is set as default because of my gmail integration and all the other great Google apps,and I can send web pages,articles to ,Pocket,Drive,Dropbox,and about ten other directions. Chrome is by far the safest in all the testing I've looked at,but Firefox is a very close second. Depending on what I'm reading or searching,determines which I use. They are both fun to use though.

As a side not,I have writen to Cheetah mobile about Clean Master and there security apps for android to see if they are using a patched version of androids native browser,as those apps have that function built in. Also, Better Battery Manager uses the native browser at times to display material. I will be contacting him too. That's a great app if you want to know who's using what on your phone when its supposed to be sleeping,but not recommended for beginners,as it is very techy and professional. Unless you like learning and studing,then stick with the more simple battery monitors.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
master browser is for me is Mozilla Firefox (Australis)
but also I use Opera 24 and Internet Explorer 11 times but rarely.:)

titan1

Level 1
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
I chose google chrome.Because it is easily customizable(for me) has it's own pdf reader and flash player which gets updated automatically.So I did not have to install the flash player which is commonly exploited to spread malware.

Reactions: Moose

rocker_geek

Level 1
Oct 23, 2014
Firefox with the classic theme restorer add on. I use Opera for those times when you need another browser, it uses the same Blink engine.
5h9B5x5.jpg

I don't recommend chrome because privacy concerns (Google knows everything you do there) and the impact on battery life it has under Windows if you are running it on a laptop. http://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorr...e-web-browser-is-killing-your-laptop-battery/

If you really like Chrome and dislike FF, I would urge you to give Chromium or better Opera a try. They all use the same engine without the Google botnet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Maxthon Cloud Browser - its features are great and increases my productivity. It only uses too much RAM, because of its Chrome engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.