NOD32 Antivirus / ESET Internet Security / Eset Smart Security Premium 15.0.16.0

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hum,
Just tried on my other laptop and I got a notification.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Sorrento and Kongo

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
In general the best way to test this feature is to run software or a software update that is yet unknown to the ESET database. It's comparable to the Block At First Sight feature of Microsoft Defender.

Here a test file that you can run to check if LiveGuard is analysing it. It's a safe test file from Microsoft so don't worry.

Microsoft account is required to download tho...
It seems that this BAFS site will be retired soon... ; why ?

Capture.PNG

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Thanks @Andrew3000 for the information (y)
I will try it but I have an important question; I wondering if "pre-release" updates are dangerous/risqky for the stability of ESET SSP ? :unsure:
Marcos from ESET answered my question about pre-release updte channel:
"Yes, it's safe. In 99,9% of cases you get the same modules both from the regular and pre-release update channel. Even in the enterprise environment we recommend updating from the pre-release update channel on a small subset of computers".

G

Guilhermesene

What security features does "Smart Security Premium" have that "Internet Security" doesn't have, and is it worth it? I see that the ESET website is talking about a feature called "LiveGuard", what does it do and how good is it?
You can read more about it here.

In short, basically, it is an important module that is only found in ESSP and its main function is the discovery and blocking of zero-day malware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.