Normalizerx config

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
Looks good! I would add HTTPS everywhere for chrome and if you want malwarebytes is recommend too

normalizerx

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 9, 2012
Looks good! I would add HTTPS everywhere for chrome and if you want malwarebytes is recommend too
Thank you for your suggestions. Actually I always had Malwarebytes on my rig but a while ago decided to uninstall it and now it is pending on my list. As for HTTPS everywhere - I have never used it. Does it add much to browser security?

Reactions: MalwareDetective

normalizerx

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 9, 2012
I also made a change - took off ESET and added WSA Complete 8.0.4.66. Using it together with Windows Defender on my Windows 8.1 Update 1 PC. Also switched Roboform for LastPass (new versions didn't work with Google Chrome Portable).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Was it an easy transfer from Roboform to LastPass?

normalizerx

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 9, 2012
Was it an easy transfer from Roboform to LastPass?

Transfer is never easy when Roboform is involved. I think they intentionally make exporting passwords for use with other password manager. But I keep my passwords stored in a file for Lastpass as well - I use both but not on 1 PC.

normalizerx

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 9, 2012
I have switched to Eset NOD32 AV only with Windows 8.1 built-in firewall, UAC on max, SRP to default-deny policy, Smartscreen filter on.
I have been with this config for 1 month, which in my case is a long time.

normalizerx

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 9, 2012
Yes, it is really light. I'm wondering how I have endured some of the weight of other AV solutions or unnecessary layers just to indulge in extreme security (not that there is such thing).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.