Advice Request Norton Password Manager vault missing after iPhone upgrade

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Just a heads up.
I had my passwords in Norton Password manger on my iPhone.
I bought a new iPhone and added the Norton Password app and logged in to my Norton account.
It asked me to add a Vault password, which I did.
I then noticed on my original device it has overwritten my old vault with a new empty vault.
MUDAFAKAS !

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Just a heads up.
I bought a new iPhone and added the Norton Password app and logged in to my Norton account.
I then noticed on my original device it has overwritten my old vault with a new empty vault.
MUDAFAKAS !
Are able to see the passwords online, at your Norton account?
my.norton.com

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Just a heads up.
MUDAFAKAS !
Never put all your eggs in one basket. Make a copy with bitwarden.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
No. Only the new empty vault.
It seems to be an ongoing issue.

Maybe try logging out and back in again, like they mentioned in the post… other than that, you can try contacting support (not too sure it will be helpful but try).

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
@Cleo I accessed my Norton Password Manager account that I had and created a long time ago for me to test, but I didn't remember my master password anymore, I kept digging through my stuff and found the password written down, to my surprise I was able to log in and I have 2 saved accounts and it appeared for me, if it doesn't work for you, I believe you will have to contact norton support.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
@Cleo Try logging in through the official Norton Password Manager extension then go to settings-> Mobile unlock and click enable then you go back into the extension and click synchronize vault, now check your credentials appear. (y)
1692035894699.png

Last edited:

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
@Cleo Try logging in through the official Norton Password Manager extension then go to settings-> Mobile unlock and click enable then you go back into the extension and click synchronize vault, now check your credentials ap
Nothing. I'm not confident of any recovery as it kicked me off my old iPhone app with a message saying the vault password was changed. I now log in to the old iPhone app with the vault password it got me to make up for the new install.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Nothing. I'm not confident of any recovery as it kicked me off my old iPhone app with a message saying the vault password was changed. I now log in to the old iPhone app with the vault password it got me to make up for the new install.
OK, I get it but do your credentials now load for you in Norton Password Manager? or do they stay empty? So it shows like this, without any account? see in the spoiler image
1692036689349.png

Last edited:

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Norton claim there is some kind is popup during install of the app where it asks if you want to create a new vault and that I must have selected it. Can anyone please confirm if this is real or bullshit? I just deleted and reinstalled with no such popup.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
@Cleo I'll let someone help you, because I just used Norton Password Manager on my laptop although I have it installed also on my smartphone I did not get to use it, it was not to delete out of nowhere, because when you are going to delete a safe or even create a new one before deleting the old safe, it gives a warning discreetly, if the NPM did not issue this warning, something bug may have occurred at the time, or you follow the recommendation of @BigWrench pulling the backup on the new iphone.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.