Battle Norton Security Ultra for $29.99 the first year a worthwhile deal?

Software comparison
Norton Security Ultra vs anything else $30 or less
Feature comparison
  1. Ease of use
  2. Impact on hardware performance
  3. Most available features
  4. Core protection (malware and heuristic engine)
  5. Internet protection (web filtering, anti-phishing, anti-spam, browser extension)
  6. Proactive protection (anti-exploit, behavior blocker, IDS-HIPS, sandbox)
  7. Network protection (firewall, anti-botnet)
  8. Ransomware protection
  9. Banking and payments protection
  10. Machine learning and A.I. capabilities
  11. Privacy protections (VPN, anti-tracking)
  12. My privacy (GDPR, data handling, privacy policies)

Intel_iRIS81

Level 1
Jun 7, 2016
So having a new Acer I have a chance to keep Norton Security Ultra $119.99 normal price for $29.99 the first year. For $30 am I getting a bang for the buck that will out perform what Windows Security/Defender/Firewall can do.

I am looking for the complete package. Back when Windows 10 was first released I had so many different programs and configurations. It was hard to keep track of what was what and what can protect what and play nice together. I work alot more now, so I want my PC time to be recreational

Reactions: Nevi and venustus

entropism

Level 2
Jul 30, 2019
If you're dead set on using Norton, it's $1 for the first year here:

I'm not a huge fan of Norton, but I wouldn't say it's BAD. If you want something different than Defender & MS Firewall, you can do a bunch of things. ESET Internet Security, Kaspersky (Depending on how you feel about them), BitDefender, F-Secure, Trend Micro, etc. I'm personally using F-Secure, I'm in the beta program which gives me free access, and it works quite well. Another thing to look at is that your ISP might give away free security software as well. Comcast used to give out Norton 360, Spectrum gives out F-Secure, etc etc.