Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Most important feature is rollback. Kaspersky nails the race easily.
G data, Norton give a very tough fight to him.
F secure is admirable. Looking at where it was few yrs back and now. Still needs some tuning and training @ Proactive clean up area.

Kaspersky : I don't know what witchcraft they use like black ✨🎩✨ magic.. Rolls back almost all the changes when a threshold is reached. Hats off to the Russian Programmers and Eugene.
Rolls back feature looks like technology from another world. I don't know how they save the system before was infected without slowing down the system or being heavy.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
360TS all the way. People who say it's chinese bloatware etc, are biased and cant support their claims.
The fact they even dare to cheat on AV-tests .... who would still trust them ? .... i don't and many others ... now its also filled with junk and ads !

Reactions: Venustus

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
The fact they even dare to cheat on AV-tests .... who would still trust them ? .... i don't and many others ... now its also filled with junk and ads !
1)Almost every company pays to get better results in these "tests".
2)Aside from average Joe, no one trusts the AV-tests in general.
3)Junks and ads? You block the process that generates the ads and you are good to go. Its actually so simple.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Between these I would go for F-Secure. It has all mentioned features and I believe Windows firewall is good enough and F-Secure tunes it. And for me not everything is security and privacy matters too.

And my second choice would be Kaspersky. It is a little more heavy on the hardware but it provides you with a very good security.

I would not go with Norton mainly because of privacy issues and some issues that people had before and also it is more heavy on the hardware.
And i see why you dont like Norton, you may not sell it on your website.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
1)Almost every company pays to get better results in these "tests".
2)Aside from average Joe, no one trusts the AV-tests in general.
3)Junks and ads? You block the process that generates the ads and you are good to go. Its actually so simple.
They didn't pay for better results , but they cheated to use different detection engines !
I hate them, will never touch that program again....

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus and JB007
F

ForgottenSeer 78429

I thought it would be Noton vs Kaspersky and GData at third. But F Secure gave me surprise even though I am using it since 1 year and it is only solution that stayed so much time on my laptop and ESET is second. Really happy with its performance.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
F-Secure for sure!
G-Data is good , but it Use bug defender engine & it caused this software have more Fps & more heavier
360ts is Chinese junk ware I do't suggested it.
Norton is good one , but in level of Privacy I can't trust them.
Kaspersky is good choice also but some people say they do spying...
To know that I'm being spied by the Russians is very exciting for me ;)
Really a delicious phantasm:love:

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
...I prefer Vladimir's spying over Trump's:LOL::LOL:
In all seriousness I doubt 99% of us have anything that the Russians care about. They've got better things to do than to waste cycles on the average American's computer. With that said if you're the kind of person at risk for state sponsored malware I doubt there's any AV that you should trust since they are all basically rootkits that download and execute update packages hourly.

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
i use Gdata internet security and I have to say i dont feel it being heavy at all and with the latest update it feels a lot smoother
and they have gotten really t better with gdata web protection pages load quicker then most web protection perhaps they would be
better leaving bitdefender (not really a fan)and come up with there own av I tried Sophos last week with beta and liked them
but to me you need to purchase for the best protection the free version feels like it is not enough just my thoughts

by the way Happy ThanksGiving to All Hope everyone has a great day....

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.