Jun 24, 2016
Why I would choose Kaspersky:
  • KSN (Kaspersky Security Network), very smart and fast cloud community
  • Application Control
  • Application Advisor
  • System Watcher
  • Ransomware rollback
  • Really nice lightness in v2020
  • Doesn't affect browsing speeds (disable HTTPS Scanning though)
  • Firewall with wifi vulnerability detection and customizable rules

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Since I get a re-branded version of F-Secure Safe "free" from my ISP I 'm really enjoying it.
Now with Avira signatures lighter than before.
The only thing I had to turn off is banking protection, because cutting the internet connection for other no banking sites gives me problems with buying and paying for stuff online.

chabbo

Level 2
Verified
Jan 30, 2013
Since I get a re-branded version of F-Secure Safe "free" from my ISP I 'm really enjoying it.
Now with Avira signatures lighter than before.
The only thing I had to turn off is banking protection, because cutting the internet connection for other no banking sites gives me problems with buying and paying for stuff online.
You can change in setting for bank protection to not kill other sites when banking

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Have you tested select?
Do not interrupt my active Internet connections

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Have you tested select?

I will test it and see how it works out for me.
The problem was that shoppingsites need feedback from the bank site that the payment is done.
That didn't work when banking protection blocks all connections that are not necessary for online banking.
Had the same kind of problem with Kaspersky safe money in the past.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
To know that I'm being spied by the Russians is very exciting for me ;)
Really a delicious phantasm:love:
Me also, But bad things is Kaspersky may hack Via NSA or CIA and its caused us on Risk!
I prefer better Russian Protection (with no hack in this decade ) Dr.Web :D

...I prefer Vladimir's spying over Trump's:LOL::LOL:
I do't want talk about politics , but really you are True All USA security systems have lack of Bug & Leaked , its not my idea , President Trump said it....

B

BVLon

Norton is overall more balanced with features, performance and protection. Kaspersky protects better and offers quite a lot of tools for advanced users to get their system back on track, but you won't get VPN or backup. You will however get Application Control, TAM (before they kill it) and HIPS. F-Secure... They are most trustworthy from all these companies, but... Lack of features, unless you go for the Total. And lack of settings. 360 is something I personally would never install.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Norton is overall more balanced with features, performance and protection. Kaspersky protects better and offers quite a lot of tools for advanced users to get their system back on track, but you won't get VPN or backup. You will however get Application Control, TAM (before they kill it) and HIPS. F-Secure... They are most trustworthy from all these companies, but... Lack of features, unless you go for the Total. And lack of settings. 360 is something I personally would never install.
For me, Kaspersky is made for this forum members, full of advanced settings, HIPS, etc. Home user don't even know how to use application control, as I said before, Norton seems to be more automatic.

And I don't know about other countries, but Norton support here is so much better than Kaspersky support (in my experience), I always had issues with Digital River Brazil. When I need Norton support they were so respectiful and fixed my issue.

Digital River Brazil (Kaspersky) promise that you can return the license and have your money refunded in 30 days, as you can imagine, I tried it and it was so error messages that I never was able to get a refund, sent e-mails and never got an answer cause the form of digital river don't send the E-mail to them and return an error message.

Maybe @Nightwalker has a different (better) experience to tell, since he is from Brazil too.

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
For me, Kaspersky is made for this forum members, full of advanced settings, HIPS, etc. Home user don't even know how to use application control, as I said before, Norton seems to be more automatic.

And I don't know about other countries, but Norton support here is so much better than Kaspersky support (in my experience), I always had issues with Digital River Brazil. When I need Norton support they were so respectiful and fixed my issue.

Digital River Brazil (Kaspersky) promise that you can return the license and have your money refunded in 30 days, as you can imagine, I tried it and it was so error messages that I never was able to get a refund, sent e-mails and never got an answer cause the form of digital river don't send the E-mail to them and return an error message.

Maybe @Nightwalker has a different (better) experience to tell, since he is from Brazil too.

Kaspersky seems to have a much more pronounced presence here in Brazil and it has a better price too compared to other security vendors (ESET is on par).

Along the years I have read some horror stories about Kaspersky support, fortunately I havent experienced it myself, maybe because I have always used the official english forums first.

In this sense, I buy my Kaspersky license from Kabum, so I never had to deal with Digital River too ...

Kaspersky Antivírus 2019 1 PC - Digital para Download (the antivirus version costs about $ 4,23)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.