Advice Request Norton?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
but you have to enable it, it is not on by default.
Yeah, you'd need to install Norton Safe Web extension and checkbox Banking Protection with Safe Web Settings. Safe Web Settings > Signed in as: survives browser and machine cycles.
FAQ: Online Banking Protection
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-identity-safe/current/solutions/v131585157

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
It used to be a good AV product and I would recommend buying it. But the recent update of "Norton Crypto" makes me disappointed at Norton.

Compared with Kaspersky, Norton is better at:
  • Lighter impact on system performance.
  • Strong Firewall and IPS feature
  • Cloud backup included
Compared with Norton, Kaspersky is better at:
  • Higher detection ratio, faster response to emerging threats and significantly lower False Positive ratio
  • Strong behavior blocker with rollback feature, meaning Kaspersky can restore what has been encrypted by ransomware. Norton's SONAR requires network connection and does not have file rollback feature, and it is not as strong as Kaspersky's System Watcher

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
It used to be a good AV product and I would recommend buying it. But the recent update of "Norton Crypto" makes me disappointed at Norton.

Compared with Kaspersky, Norton is better at:
  • Lighter impact on system performance.
  • Strong Firewall and IPS feature
  • Cloud backup included
Compared with Norton, Kaspersky is better at:
  • Higher detection ratio, faster response to emerging threats and significantly lower False Positive ratio
  • Strong behavior blocker with rollback feature, meaning Kaspersky can restore what has been encrypted by ransomware. Norton's SONAR requires network connection and does not have file rollback feature, and it is not as strong as Kaspersky's System Watcher
yea the Norton Crypto is horrible, my pc is too weak for it, and it even ask for a fee to mine LOL

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.