shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I've got a question : is it free or paid ? because when i go on the website I've got a purchase button...
there is a free "beta" version, which is basically the same as the paid version, and everyone uses it.
look a few posts back and you will see the link. But if you do buy the paid version, I understand that you will get a free upgrade to the new edition that will come out.

tip: if you install the free version, disable "check for updates", because it will constantly nag you to update to the paid version...

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Does NVT ERP have his own whitelist? Voodooshield will block as unknown anything which hasn't been uploaded to VirusTotal. How does NVT ERP handle with files? Does it have a global whitelist?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Basically, only the beta is free?
right, only the beta is free. But it is essentially the same as the paid product.

The dev released the free "beta" shortly before he took his long break from working on the product. After all, you can't charge money for a product and then not support it...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Does NVT ERP have his own whitelist? Voodooshield will block as unknown anything which hasn't been uploaded to VirusTotal. How does NVT ERP handle with files? Does it have a global whitelist?
NVT ERP comes with a default whitelist of trusted vendors. It is a pretty short list, and it is customizable.

So most of the time, you will see a prompt for a new program you are installing, and you will have to decide on your own if you trust it.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I can't post there (unknown reason, by now), and it's not good to contact him there to say to come here (it's spam). Will try to find an email or something to contact him directly

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.