Advice Request O&O ShutUp10: One setting keeps getting reset automatically?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
People using AdGuard Windows can simply turn off telemetry in the Stealth-mode settings. I just wanted to tell, as I know that quite a lot of people are using AdGuard in this community.

View attachment 255216
I enabled the Stealth Mode in AdGuard for Windows and then only enabled those two settings.
So, how do you know that it really disabled Windows Telemetry?

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Programs like this scare me. IMO Windows runs best when you leave it alone.
A few days ago it was lashing it down with rain & I dropped my house keys which then somehow fell in a rose plant pot, it took my a while to find then & got my hand scratched in the process, I had to change all my clothes as I was wet through - It occurred to me life would be easier without locks - My doors and car, garage would be much simpler without the necessity of security, same with PC's etc? :p:p

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1420 Released (March 30, 2021)
Website
Announcement
Changelog
1.8.1420 – released March 30, 2021
  • FIX: Disable telemetry
  • FIX: Disable automatic driver updates through Windows Update
  • Available in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Chinese (simplified)
(credit - Wilders - mood)

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Despite the changelog saying this issue is fixed it is in fact not.
https://www.tweakhound.com/2021/03/30/oo-shutup10-1-8-1420/

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Okay, I started using O&O ShutUp10 today, and after I updated to the latest version
Why not try something different which will permanently eliminate the need for dose tools,I think this guy can help you (The Best Windows 10 Version for Gaming and Performance) hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4knEJ0mggDI

Britec09

Last edited:

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Why not try something different which will permanently eliminate the need for does tools,I think this guy can help you (The Best Windows 10 Version for Gaming and Performance) hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4knEJ0mggDI

Britec09

Thank you for the link, but sorry no that method looks a bit extreme to me personally. To much that I could do wrong, so I will stick with my computer the way it is, makes me feel a lot more comfortable then the method in the video.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.