Firefox - hardened + µBO + Privacy Badger + eTag Stoppa + MBBG
Maintenance tools
Windows built-in
BleachBit 3.0 - "Hilary uses it!"
RunBySmartscreen
File and Photo backup
Copy/Paste -> Free Agent Drive
System recovery
Windows built-in -> Free Agent drive (monthly)
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Lenovo L340 i3 8145U CPU @ 2.10 GHz 2.300 GHz 8GB DDR4 RAM 1 TB HDD
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

In fact, in the debate about no noise vs lot of fake noise, I believe it is the same.
To sites with sophisticated data mining tools, no noise makes you stand among the other same as making lot if noise.
Using an analogy, if you go to the church and everybody is praying, the one who doesn't is as much distinguishable to the attentive observer than the one who pray loudly.

This kind of debate is old as the internet itself, before it was "do I need to hide ports with my firewall or not?" some say yes so the hacker can't see your computer; opposition said "when hackers scan IPs and ports, if no response is coming back, probably a computer is hiding and may contain valuable things, so it become a more interesting target than the ones who don't hide"

Personally I'm the kind of guy that prefer hide in plain sight.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

I guess you are :p:

Chrome isolated in ReHIPS: (Customized via various flags) using Netcraft, WD Browser Protection, Privacy Possum, Scriptsafe.
- Firefox isolated in ReHIPS: (Customized via various flags) using Netcraft, Privacy Possum, CanvasBlocker, Scriptsafe.
- Adguard For Desktop (customized)
- Mullvad VPN (dual-hop)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I imagine that's a reason why the Brave devs decided to implement canvas protection with a fixed value instead of generating random ones like some extensions do.

"Canvas fingerprinting: it should report a fixed value on tests like panopticlick"

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I imagine that's a reason why the Brave devs decided to implement canvas protection with a fixed value instead of generating random ones like some extensions do.

"Canvas fingerprinting: it should report a fixed value on tests like panopticlick"

Indeed. As I said earlier, it's a see-saw battle between Trackers and Users. You pick an option or strategy and hope for the best.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
After ditching Privacy Possum I've added this extension in Firefox. You can check this out. The extension page explains what it does.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
After ditching Privacy Possum I've added this extension in Firefox. You can check this out. The extension page explains what it does.

This guy is clearly one of "less noise" canvas blocking strategists. The add-on page is a great resource too.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
@SeriousHoax I've added it along with Temporary Containers. I like TC in automatic mode, which I don't remember it having when I tried it in earlier FF versions.
Temporary Containers has automatic mode for a while now but yes it didn't have it at first I think. I'm not using automatic mode instead I made two changes to the global isolation rule and have "privacy.firstparty.isolate" enabled in about:config but automatic mode is nice & hassle free.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
There are other useful extensions like ClearURLs, Decentraleyes. I use this two in chromium browsers also.
There's also Firefox exclusive extensions like this two:
If you keep looking there's many useful ones out there that's why I've stopped looking 😂

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.