Advice Request OnlyOffice security

Office, email and business apps
20 Replies 2,662 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.
So, using OnlyOffice provides better security than Microsoft Office.
It's not accurate to say OnlyOffice is inherently more secure than Microsoft Office. Both have their own security measures. OnlyOffice's lack of VBA support reduces certain risks, but overall security depends on many factors like updates, user practices, etc.
 
It's not accurate to say OnlyOffice is inherently more secure than Microsoft Office. Both have their own security measures. OnlyOffice's lack of VBA support reduces certain risks, but overall security depends on many factors like updates, user practices, etc.
At least it has smaller attack surface area.
 
At least it has smaller attack surface area.
Yes, by not supporting VBA macros, OnlyOffice does potentially have a smaller attack surface in that specific area. However, remember that overall security involves many other factors.
 
Yes, by not supporting VBA macros, OnlyOffice does potentially have a smaller attack surface in that specific area. However, remember that overall security involves many other factors.
Macros is the main security hole in Microsoft Office suites; being not applicable to OnlyOffice suite is a major advantage.
 
Macros is the main security hole in Microsoft Office suites; being not applicable to OnlyOffice suite is a major advantage.
Indeed, the lack of macro support in OnlyOffice can be seen as an advantage in terms of reducing certain security vulnerabilities associated with macros. However, it's important to maintain good security practices in all areas for comprehensive protection.
 
@Parkinsond , OnlyOffice is the only office suite I know of that can be successfully run inside Sandbox. That greatly enhances its security as well.
Personally, I find OnlyOffice is the best free alternative for MS Office; I have uninstalled MS Office yesterday, replaced it with OnlyOffice; it is getting better with every update.
 
Personally, I find OnlyOffice is the best free alternative for MS Office; I have uninstalled MS Office yesterday, replaced it with OnlyOffice; it is getting better with every update.

Same here! With OnlyOffice I can edit pdfs, unlike MSO. Version 9 was a real nice update, too.
 
I wish there was FOSS PDF reader-editor at the level of Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro DC. Sadly, nothing ever comes close, yet.
 
I use LibreOffice. It can export PDFs. And I use online free web apps to convert PDFs to docx.

Since PDF is an Open Format, there are PDF tools available as free web apps, merge, export ....
 
Last edited:
I use LibreOffice. It can export PDFs. And I use online free web apps to convert PDFs to docx.

Since PDFs are an Open Format, there are PDF tools available as free web apps, merge, export ....
LibreOffice is good, but OnlyOffice has much improved in creating and editing pdf files; I was impressed.
 
OnlyOffice translates every line of the PDF into separate box/paragraph. The online converter is better - paragraphs are paragraphs.
Yes, but I did not try to edit already exitent pdf files, except for one time; I use it to create pdf files and editing several times just as docx files; better than Foxit regarding this task.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top