Is OnlyOffice suite susceptible to VBA macros of Microsoft Office suite?
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
So, using OnlyOffice provides better security than Microsoft Office.No, OnlyOffice does not support VBA macros, thus it's not susceptible to any potential security risks associated with them.
It's not accurate to say OnlyOffice is inherently more secure than Microsoft Office. Both have their own security measures. OnlyOffice's lack of VBA support reduces certain risks, but overall security depends on many factors like updates, user practices, etc.So, using OnlyOffice provides better security than Microsoft Office.
At least it has smaller attack surface area.It's not accurate to say OnlyOffice is inherently more secure than Microsoft Office. Both have their own security measures. OnlyOffice's lack of VBA support reduces certain risks, but overall security depends on many factors like updates, user practices, etc.
Yes, by not supporting VBA macros, OnlyOffice does potentially have a smaller attack surface in that specific area. However, remember that overall security involves many other factors.At least it has smaller attack surface area.
Macros is the main security hole in Microsoft Office suites; being not applicable to OnlyOffice suite is a major advantage.Yes, by not supporting VBA macros, OnlyOffice does potentially have a smaller attack surface in that specific area. However, remember that overall security involves many other factors.
Indeed, the lack of macro support in OnlyOffice can be seen as an advantage in terms of reducing certain security vulnerabilities associated with macros. However, it's important to maintain good security practices in all areas for comprehensive protection.Macros is the main security hole in Microsoft Office suites; being not applicable to OnlyOffice suite is a major advantage.
Personally, I find OnlyOffice is the best free alternative for MS Office; I have uninstalled MS Office yesterday, replaced it with OnlyOffice; it is getting better with every update.@Parkinsond , OnlyOffice is the only office suite I know of that can be successfully run inside Sandbox. That greatly enhances its security as well.
Personally, I find OnlyOffice is the best free alternative for MS Office; I have uninstalled MS Office yesterday, replaced it with OnlyOffice; it is getting better with every update.
Tried OnlyOffice?I wish there was FOSS PDF reader-editor at the level of Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro DC. Sadly, nothing ever comes close, yet.
LibreOffice is good, but OnlyOffice has much improved in creating and editing pdf files; I was impressed.I use LibreOffice. It can export PDFs. And I use online free web apps to convert PDFs to docx.
Since PDFs are an Open Format, there are PDF tools available as free web apps, merge, export ....
Yes, but I did not try to edit already exitent pdf files, except for one time; I use it to create pdf files and editing several times just as docx files; better than Foxit regarding this task.OnlyOffice translates every line of the PDF into separate box/paragraph. The online converter is better - paragraphs are paragraphs.
By the way, OnlyOffice can save pdf file as docx, and the output is comparable, if not better, than that by MS Office; its pdf-text integration is remarkable.File Converter - FreeConvert.com Google for 'pdf to doc free' there should be more sites.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes