Advice Request Opinions wanted

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
OSArmor and SysHardner will be subscription based after their next update.
Bitdefender Total Security should be enough for real-time protection.
For general system hardening I would choose Hard_Configurator from @Andy Ful with the basic recommended profile.
As second opinion scanner Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is highly recommended by @cruelsister especially against worms.
I would keep HitmanPro as second second opinion scanner and that's it.
Please enter or update your computer security configuration in Computer Security Configuration to get more feedback.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello, I would very much like to hear your opinions about my security
Realtime Protection: Bitdefender Total Security+Thor Foresight+OSamor.
Hardening: Syshardener.
Second opinion Scanners: Norton Power Eraser+Emsisoft Emergency Kit+Hitman Pro.
If you have not experienced any conflicts then continue using the software.

Bitdefender Internet Security for Windows only - MAX 3 DEVICES
Bitdefender Total Security adds Multi-device support (Windows, Mac and Mobile) and Device Optimizer - MAX 5 DEVICES
Bitdefender Family Pack adds more devices - MAX 15 DEVICES
Bitdefender Premium Security adds Unlimited VPN traffic and Priority Customer Support - MAX 10 DEVICES

Question is, how many devices are you protecting on your Home network and other Mobile devices?

Have you shared your new Computer Security Configuration ?

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
If you have not experienced any conflicts then continue using the software.

Bitdefender Internet Security for Windows only - MAX 3 DEVICES
Bitdefender Total Security adds Multi-device support (Windows, Mac and Mobile) and Device Optimizer - MAX 5 DEVICES
Bitdefender Family Pack adds more devices - MAX 15 DEVICES
Bitdefender Premium Security adds Unlimited VPN traffic and Priority Customer Support - MAX 10 DEVICES

Question is, how many devices are you protecting on your Home network and other Mobile devices?

Have you shared your new Computer Security Configuration ?
Hey Spawn, I am only protecting one unit(Windows 10 Home 2004), Many thanks for your answer!

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
Hello again, I forgot, I also use Bitdefender Premium VPN+EkspressVPN, both of them has good speed, though I know EkspressVPN is the most secure IMHO.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Oh my god I'm only now hearing about this! Mind linking me to the source please? I couldn't find it.
PS: do I lose access to my current version of SysHardener or can I stay with this version and #freeware?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Oh my god I'm only now hearing about this! Mind linking me to the source please? I couldn't find it.
PS: do I lose access to my current version of SysHardener or can I stay with this version and #freeware?
Originally posted on wilders:
And some more explaining:
If I read those posts correctly SysHardner (and OSArmor) will be automatically upgraded to the new subscription-based version.
Maybe the portable version will not update automatically, and you can continue to use that " old" version for free.
But only Andreas @NoVirusThanks can give any definite answers.
We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
IMHO a critical part of security setting if not number one is regular imaging (at least weekly) & those mages & data being saved on more than one external drive or cloud - What ever happens to your system you can be back to your pre infestation in minutes.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.