Gandalf_The_Grey
Level 86
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Forum Veteran
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Probably not good..... I really loved the idea of this project but it appears AV vendors don't like competition. This could have been a very successful project, but I never understood why people gave this poor developer a hard time.does this mean for the effectiveness of this extension?
@Shadowra time for a retest?
Now with the removal of G DATA only Norton (disabled by default) remains of the traditional AV providers.
What does this mean for the effectiveness of this extension?
@Shadowra time for a retest?
Changes in 1.3.8
This update has been submitted to all extension stores.
- Added native support for over 80 languages
- Changed DNS4EU support contact
- Minor formatting changes
- Restructured codebase
If you need help with Croatian...Don't worry about the missing providers. A lot of behind-the-scenes talks are in the works. Expect more to be continuously added throughout the coming months.
Right now, I'm busy with translating Osprey into over 80 languages.![]()
If you see any translation errors or improvements at any point in time, feel free to create an issue on GitHub with the suggested changes, and I'll take a look.If you need help with Croatian...![]()
Well... I'm not using the extension (as I don't need it). Do you have already translated file? Send me a link in DM and I'll proofread it.If you see any translation errors or improvements at any point in time, feel free to create an issue on GitHub with the suggested changes, and I'll take a look.![]()
Changes in 1.3.9
This update has been submitted to all extension stores.
- Optimized translation calls
- Optimized browser API calls
- Optimized variable caching
- Fixed issues with notification text
- Fixed issues with storage util
- Fixed issues with regex safety
- Fixed issues with origin numbers
- Updated Croatian translations
- Cleaned up code
Within the next few months, more (non-DNS-based) providers should be joining the project. Even with Osprey's default settings, it still boasts an incredible phishing detection rate of nearly 100%. So, don't worry. Osprey's current providers and default settings are more than enough.Norton was just removed in version 1.4.0. Apart from alphaMountain and PrecisionSec, this is essentially a DNS extension.
Can't wait to see who the new providers are.Within the next few months, more (non-DNS-based) providers should be joining the project. Even with Osprey's default settings, it still boasts an incredible phishing detection rate of nearly 100%. So, don't worry. Osprey's current providers and default settings are more than enough.
Changes in 1.4.0
This update has been submitted to all extension stores.
- Removed Norton Safe Web per request
- Removed obsolete icon files
- Updated DNS4EU contact info
I mean... technically you could always download older version of the extension and keep the old providers... Or you could use the source code to add/remove additional providers.Norton was just removed in version 1.4.0. Apart from alphaMountain and PrecisionSec, this is essentially a DNS extension.
Why? It totally makes sense though. They developed a security solution which was supposed to be used only as part of their own security software, not others. Osprey took the technology and implemented it without their consent.Personally I think its somewhat churlish of providers wishing to be removed.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes