System Architecture
64-bit OS
Security Updates
Automatic Updates - All security and feature updates
User Access Control
Firewall
Windows Firewall - Network security provided by Microsoft
Device Security
Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
User Account
Administrator - User has complete control over the device
Recent Security Incidents
No malware or privacy issues
Malware Testing
None - No Malware on host PC or VM
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
Windows Defender
Voodoo Shield
SysHardener
Custom Settings For Real-Time Protection
Custom - Major changes for Increased Security
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
Adwcleaner
NPE
EEK
Browsers and Extensions
Mozilla Firefox
Ublock Origin
Bitwarden
Canvas Defender
Web Privacy
Ublock
Content Blocking set to Strict in Firefox
Password Management
Bitwarden Extension
Default Web Search
Google
System Utilities
Kerish Doctor
Privacy Eraser
Soft Organizer
Data Backup
Macrium
Frequency of Data backups
Monthly
System Backup
Macrium
Frequency of System backups
Regularly
Computer Activity
PC Gaming
Online banking
Browsing web and email
Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
Computer Specifications
Intel i5-8600K
32 Gb DDR4
Gtx 1080
1tb ssd

sepik

Level 2
I do like this clean and effective setup of yours.
By the way, do you run Kerish Doctor realtime or on-demand? I mailed them if they could add an option to secure delete junk files, but sadly it does not do that.

Reactions: DDE_Server

outlawxtorn

Level 4
Content Creator
Verified
I do like this clean and effective setup of yours.
By the way, do you run Kerish Doctor realtime or on-demand? I mailed them if they could add an option to secure delete junk files, but sadly it does not do that.
I run it on demand. That would be a nice option indeed!

Reactions: stefanos

plat1098

Level 5
Verified
Your hardware is nice....a few I've read have replaced their GTX 1080 w/RTX, mostly the 2060. I think I will try to hold onto mine for another 1.5 yrs, maybe 2, definitely after prices for the RTX 2080 come down a bit more.

Hopefully, Windows Defender w/H_C is working well for you. WD is not slowing down my machine at all currently. (y)

Reactions: oldschool

outlawxtorn

Level 4
Content Creator
Verified
Your hardware is nice....a few I've read have replaced their GTX 1080 w/RTX, mostly the 2060. I think I will try to hold onto mine for another 1.5 yrs, maybe 2, definitely after prices for the RTX 2080 come down a bit more.

Hopefully, Windows Defender w/H_C is working well for you. WD is not slowing down my machine at all currently. (y)
I just got this 1080 refurbished for 400, so no 2080 for quite a while! The best news I heard though is that Nvidia is starting to support freesync!

Andy Ful

Level 39
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
No sir, I'm thinking about using the avast profile and reinstalling cfw though.
CFW can possibly block "Run As SmartScreen" and "Run By SmartScreen" when you will try to use one of those features from Explorer context menu. If so, then the executables: RunAsSmartscreen and RunBySmartscreen, has to be whitelisted in CFW. The same can be true for SwitchDefaultDeny and DocumentsAntiExploit.
Please let me know if your version of CFW blocks one of them.(y)

Edit.
If you want to use CFW in CS settings then you probably do not need H_C. You can use SysHardener + RunBySmartScreen, instead. In some way, H_C can be a replacement of CFW (in CS settings) to avoid system stability issues.

Last edited:

outlawxtorn

Level 4
Content Creator
Verified
CFW can possibly block "Run As SmartScreen" and "Run By SmartScreen" when you will try to use one of those features from Explorer context menu. If so, then the executables: RunAsSmartscreen and RunBySmartscreen, has to be whitelisted in CFW. The same can be true for SwitchDefaultDeny and DocumentsAntiExploit.
Please let me know if your version of CFW blocks one of them.(y)

Edit.
If you want to use CFW in CS settings then you probably do not need H_C. You can use SysHardener + RunBySmartScreen, instead. In some way, H_C can be a replacement of CFW (in CS settings) to avoid system stability issues.
Will tell you about any compatibility issues.! Do you think SysHardener + RunBySmartScreen would be enough then with WD disabled? With CFW of course.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Andy Ful

Level 39
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
Will tell you about any compatibility issues.! Do you think SysHardener + RunBySmartScreen would be enough then with WD disabled? With CFW of course.
Yes. You can also tweak CFW to cover most of SysHardener settings, but many users prefer SysHardener for that. RunBySmartScreen will be useful as on demand scanner for application installers and will inform you if the file has a dangerous extension. If the installer does not pass the SmartScreen check, then confirm the file reputation on VirusTotal and another on demand scanner. Do not ignore SmartScreen and install blindly the application. Generally, the setup without real-time AV will require more caution when installing the new applications.

outlawxtorn

Level 4
Content Creator
Verified
Yes. You can also tweak CFW to cover most of SysHardener settings, but many users prefer SysHardener for that. RunBySmartScreen will be useful as on demand scanner for application installers and will inform you if the file has a dangerous extension. If the installer does not pass the SmartScreen check, then confirm the file reputation on VirusTotal and another on demand scanner. Do not ignore SmartScreen and install blindly the application. Generally, the setup without real-time AV will require more caution when installing the new applications.
Thanks @Andy Ful. Always so respectful and helpful.