System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Windows Defender Firewall
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Cruel Comodo
    Winja: To check anything that gets contained by Comodo.
    SysHardener
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Major changes for Increased security
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Adwcleaner
    NPE
    EEK
    Browsers and Extensions
    Brave
    Ublock Origin
    1Pass
    Privacy Badger
    TrafficLight
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Ublock
    Privacy Badger
    Password Managers
  • 1Pass
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    Kerish Doctor
    Privacy Eraser
    Soft Organizer
    Data Backup
    Macrium
    Frequency of Data backups
    Monthly
    System Backup
    Macrium
    Frequency of System backups
    Regularly
    Computer Activity
  • PC Gaming
  • Online banking
  • Browsing web and email
  • Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
  • Computer Specifications
    Intel i5-8600K
    16 GB DDR4
    Gtx 1080
    1tb ssd

Andy Ful

Level 45
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Back with Cruel Comodo and WD. Using Avast profile via H_C and WD on high settings via Configure Defender.
    Super responsive and easier instead of using Windows 10 Enhanced profile as I install games quite often.
    If you do not use Avast, then set "Run As SmartScreen setting to "Standard User". This will allow you to use "Run By SmartScreen" via right-click Explorer context menu to check if installation of the new application is considered as safe. If you will see the SmartScreen alert or any alert from "Run By SmartScreen", then think twice and once more before running something outside of he Comodo Sandbox.:giggle:

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 32
    Verified
    what is your experience with cyclance? I installed yesterday the smart antivirus and have a lot of FP's in the game folders.
    No option in the dashboard to make exclusions for my games :emoji_grimacing:
    That's the deal with Cylance. To set exclusions see here: How to - Safelist a File and there's a link near bottom of the page with further instructions if you want to do it via "Advanced UI" on your desktop

outlawxtorn

Level 4
    Verified
    Content Creator
    Removed Comodo: Doesn't play that well with my system.
    I'm now using @Andy Ful's Hard Configurator. Set WD to max, hardened the firewall, set Windows 10 recommended enhanced profile.
    I'm the only one that uses this pc as it's my gaming one so I also allowed exe and tmp in Hard Configurator.
    I'm also running WhitelistCloud alongside WD.
    I haven't used WD since the update but it absolutely screams! No slow downs or performance losses while gaming.

Andy Ful

Level 45
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Removed Comodo: Doesn't play that well with my system.
    I'm now using @Andy Ful's Hard Configurator. Set WD to max, hardened the firewall, set Windows 10 recommended enhanced profile.
    I'm the only one that uses this pc as it's my gaming one so I also allowed exe and tmp in Hard Configurator.
    I'm also running WhitelistCloud alongside WD.
    I haven't used WD since the update but it absolutely screams! No slow downs or performance losses while gaming.
    You can also set:
    <Hide 'Run As Administrator'> = OFF
    <Run As SmartScreen> = Standard User
    The difference is that forced SmartScreen works now with standard rights via "Run By SmartScreen" option in Explorer context menu. With Allowed EXE and TMP, it is not necessary to use admin rights to bypass SRP for checking unknown EXE files by SmartScreen.

Raiden

Level 13
    Verified
    Content Creator
    Glad you like it! This has been my experience as well on both of my systems. MS has done a good job improving the overall performance of WD. Still could use a little tweaking, but it's getting better and better IMHO.(y)