Windows Edition
Home
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Windows Defender and Hard_Configurator
WD set to max. Win10 recommend profile. Firewall hardened.
SysHardener
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Adwcleaner
NPE
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Brave
Ublock Origin
1Pass X
Privacy Possum
TrafficLight
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor
Privacy Eraser
Soft Organizer
File and Photo backup
Macrium
System recovery
Macrium
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Intel i5-8600K
16 GB DDR4
Gtx 1080
1tb ssd

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Back with Cruel Comodo and WD. Using Avast profile via H_C and WD on high settings via Configure Defender.
Super responsive and easier instead of using Win 10 Enhanced profile as I install games quite often.
If you do not use Avast, then set "Run As SmartScreen setting to "Standard User". This will allow you to use "Run By SmartScreen" via right-click Explorer context menu to check if installation of the new application is considered as safe. If you will see the SmartScreen alert or any alert from "Run By SmartScreen", then think twice and once more before running something outside of he Comodo Sandbox.:giggle:

Last edited:

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
Switched to CCAV, tweaked mostly via @BoraMurdar's video. No reason I switched, I just like trying different av's. I enjoy it for some reason.

Attachments

• antivirus.PNG
    antivirus.PNG
    43.4 KB · Views: 314
  • exclusions.PNG
    exclusions.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 313
  • interface.PNG
    interface.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 298
  • sandbox.PNG
    sandbox.PNG
    82.7 KB · Views: 285

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
what is your experience with cyclance? I installed yesterday the smart antivirus and have a lot of FP's in the game folders.
No option in the dashboard to make exclusions for my games :emoji_grimacing:

That's the deal with Cylance. To set exclusions see here: How to - Safelist a File and there's a link near bottom of the page with further instructions if you want to do it via "Advanced UI" on your desktop

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
Removed Comodo: Doesn't play that well with my system.
I'm now using @Andy Ful's Hard Configurator. Set WD to max, hardened the firewall, set Win 10 recommended enhanced profile.
I'm the only one that uses this pc as it's my gaming one so I also allowed exe and tmp in Hard Configurator.
I'm also running WhitelistCloud alongside WD.
I haven't used WD since the update but it absolutely screams! No slow downs or performance losses while gaming.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Removed Comodo: Doesn't play that well with my system.
I'm now using @Andy Ful's Hard Configurator. Set WD to max, hardened the firewall, set Windows 10 recommended enhanced profile.
I'm the only one that uses this pc as it's my gaming one so I also allowed exe and tmp in Hard Configurator.
I'm also running WhitelistCloud alongside WD.
I haven't used WD since the update but it absolutely screams! No slow downs or performance losses while gaming.
You can also set:
<Hide 'Run As Administrator'> = OFF
<Run As SmartScreen> = Standard User
The difference is that forced SmartScreen works now with standard rights via "Run By SmartScreen" option in Explorer context menu. With Allowed EXE and TMP, it is not necessary to use admin rights to bypass SRP for checking unknown EXE files by SmartScreen.

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
I have decided to just use Configure Defender to put WD on max and to harden the firewall with firewall hardener. Would thou recommend VS alongside WD then?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I have decided to just use Configure Defender to put WD on max and to harden the firewall with firewall hardener. Would thou recommend VS alongside WD then?

(y)Are you still using H_C too.? Your configuration still shows Comodo. WD and VS is a very good combo. Not exciting, not exotic, not flashy. Just good protection for the user with safe habits. H_C + WD + VS is excessive. Please edit your configuration in any case.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.