Windows Edition
Home
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Windows Defender and Hard_Configurator
WD set to max. Win10 recommend profile. Firewall hardened.
SysHardener
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Adwcleaner
NPE
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Brave
Ublock Origin
1Pass X
Privacy Possum
TrafficLight
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor
Privacy Eraser
Soft Organizer
File and Photo backup
Macrium
System recovery
Macrium
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Intel i5-8600K
16 GB DDR4
Gtx 1080
1tb ssd

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
I do like this clean and effective setup of yours.
By the way, do you run Kerish Doctor realtime or on-demand? I mailed them if they could add an option to secure delete junk files, but sadly it does not do that.

Reactions: DDE_Server

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
I do like this clean and effective setup of yours.
By the way, do you run Kerish Doctor realtime or on-demand? I mailed them if they could add an option to secure delete junk files, but sadly it does not do that.
I run it on demand. That would be a nice option indeed!

Reactions: stefanos

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
Edit: Removed WD + Cruel Comodo(buggy for me)
Added: Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud. Light and strong.
Capture.PNG

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Your hardware is nice....a few I've read have replaced their GTX 1080 w/RTX, mostly the 2060. I think I will try to hold onto mine for another 1.5 yrs, maybe 2, definitely after prices for the RTX 2080 come down a bit more.

Hopefully, Windows Defender w/H_C is working well for you. WD is not slowing down my machine at all currently. (y)

Reactions: oldschool

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
Your hardware is nice....a few I've read have replaced their GTX 1080 w/RTX, mostly the 2060. I think I will try to hold onto mine for another 1.5 yrs, maybe 2, definitely after prices for the RTX 2080 come down a bit more.

Hopefully, Windows Defender w/H_C is working well for you. WD is not slowing down my machine at all currently. (y)
I just got this 1080 refurbished for 400, so no 2080 for quite a while! The best news I heard though is that Nvidia is starting to support freesync!

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
No sir, I'm thinking about using the avast profile and reinstalling cfw though.
CFW can possibly block "Run As SmartScreen" and "Run By SmartScreen" when you will try to use one of those features from Explorer context menu. If so, then the executables: RunAsSmartscreen and RunBySmartscreen, has to be whitelisted in CFW. The same can be true for SwitchDefaultDeny and DocumentsAntiExploit.
Please let me know if your version of CFW blocks one of them.(y)

Edit.
If you want to use CFW in CS settings then you probably do not need H_C. You can use SysHardener + RunBySmartScreen, instead. In some way, H_C can be a replacement of CFW (in CS settings) to avoid system stability issues.

Last edited:

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
CFW can possibly block "Run As SmartScreen" and "Run By SmartScreen" when you will try to use one of those features from Explorer context menu. If so, then the executables: RunAsSmartscreen and RunBySmartscreen, has to be whitelisted in CFW. The same can be true for SwitchDefaultDeny and DocumentsAntiExploit.
Please let me know if your version of CFW blocks one of them.(y)

Edit.
If you want to use CFW in CS settings then you probably do not need H_C. You can use SysHardener + RunBySmartScreen, instead. In some way, H_C can be a replacement of CFW (in CS settings) to avoid system stability issues.

Will tell you about any compatibility issues.! Do you think SysHardener + RunBySmartScreen would be enough then with WD disabled? With CFW of course.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Will tell you about any compatibility issues.! Do you think SysHardener + RunBySmartScreen would be enough then with WD disabled? With CFW of course.
Yes. You can also tweak CFW to cover most of SysHardener settings, but many users prefer SysHardener for that. RunBySmartScreen will be useful as on demand scanner for application installers and will inform you if the file has a dangerous extension. If the installer does not pass the SmartScreen check, then confirm the file reputation on VirusTotal and another on demand scanner. Do not ignore SmartScreen and install blindly the application. Generally, the setup without real-time AV will require more caution when installing the new applications.

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
Yes. You can also tweak CFW to cover most of SysHardener settings, but many users prefer SysHardener for that. RunBySmartScreen will be useful as on demand scanner for application installers and will inform you if the file has a dangerous extension. If the installer does not pass the SmartScreen check, then confirm the file reputation on VirusTotal and another on demand scanner. Do not ignore SmartScreen and install blindly the application. Generally, the setup without real-time AV will require more caution when installing the new applications.
Thanks @Andy Ful. Always so respectful and helpful.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.