pablozi 2017 security setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great except that you have Windows Defender listed twice in real-time and it is really not a good idea now days to store your passwords in the built in browser password managers.

pablozi

Level 22
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Norton
Looks great except that you have Windows Defender listed twice in real-time and it is really not a good idea now days to store your passwords in the built in browser password managers.
Thanx, fixed.
As long as Google Chrome's password manager hasn't been compromised I don't feel like I need 3rd party one :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 52
Verified
OS
Linux Mint
Antivirus
Default-Deny
I was on the stable version.
rgr, thanks.
I was just curious.
If you feel like playing with it later, try the 709 CTP3 build, I am telling you the difference
is like night and day. As you know I damn near gave up on them too and the CTP3 beta
changed all that, they went in a good direction brother.

pablozi

Level 22
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Norton
I've re-added HMP.A (latest stable build) and it's working like a charm - no more browsing slowdowns and performance issues.

Parsh

Level 24
Verified
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
It's light and so far I didn't encountered any incompatibilities between DA and the rest of my config.
Unfortunately there is not much to post regarding DA's interface as it is still only simple console:

View attachment 158429
DA uses a kernel level driver that intercepts and analyses files through their ML models in cloud... and the folks at DA have tested it with a few AVs like Avast. It does work well with Kaspersky (not listed by them) and BD too. It usually feel light right?

pablozi

Level 22
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Norton
Removed: HMP.A (until next major release) and DeepArmor (I am going to test it on my spare machine)
Added: Heimdal Pro (re-added actually ;)), Everything
I have also applied various tweaks to Windows Defender and Smart Screen using Group Policy editor (advanced MAPS, Block at First Sight, extended cloud check etc.) but I am too lazy to point them all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.