pablozi 2017 security setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Looks great except that you have Windows Defender listed twice in real-time and it is really not a good idea now days to store your passwords in the built in browser password managers.

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Looks great except that you have Windows Defender listed twice in real-time and it is really not a good idea now days to store your passwords in the built in browser password managers.
Thanx, fixed.
As long as Google Chrome's password manager hasn't been compromised I don't feel like I need 3rd party one :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Removed HMP.A due to some performance issues - slowed down browsing experience in Google Chrome and Edge.
Hello brother, quick question: were you on the stable, or the beta ?
cool setup by the way.

Reactions: enaph

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I was on the stable version.
rgr, thanks.
I was just curious.
If you feel like playing with it later, try the 709 CTP3 build, I am telling you the difference
is like night and day. As you know I damn near gave up on them too and the CTP3 beta
changed all that, they went in a good direction brother.

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I've re-added HMP.A (latest stable build) and it's working like a charm - no more browsing slowdowns and performance issues.

Reactions: Rengar

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I fully agree with davisd.
The CIS has no place.
Just WD + VS + HMP.A and it is gonna be fine.

Reactions: enaph

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I fully agree with davisd.
The CIS has no place.
Just WD + VS + HMP.A and it is gonna be fine.
CIS is not that bad, really!
But I am in love with VS and HMP.A and I simply cannot go further without them :rolleyes:

Reactions: jerzy601

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Tell us how it is if you want. Also can you post some pictures of it?
It's light and so far I didn't encountered any incompatibilities between DA and the rest of my config.
Unfortunately there is not much to post regarding DA's interface as it is still only simple console:

upload_2017-7-1_20-40-52.png

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
It's light and so far I didn't encountered any incompatibilities between DA and the rest of my config.
Unfortunately there is not much to post regarding DA's interface as it is still only simple console:

View attachment 158429
DA uses a kernel level driver that intercepts and analyses files through their ML models in cloud... and the folks at DA have tested it with a few AVs like Avast. It does work well with Kaspersky (not listed by them) and BD too. It usually feel light right?

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Removed: HMP.A (until next major release) and DeepArmor (I am going to test it on my spare machine)
Added: Heimdal Pro (re-added actually ;)), Everything
I have also applied various tweaks to Windows Defender and Smart Screen using Group Policy editor (advanced MAPS, Block at First Sight, extended cloud check etc.) but I am too lazy to point them all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.