Advice Request Password manager: Question is simply - why did you choose the one you are using now?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
While I agree and have used the service Identity Leak Checker myself, what to do with the first one?
Password leaked in unknown collection; you don't know what password, from the other accounts below?
It is only a spam account, I use the same password and I still have not changed it. If it were a real account, I would change passwords everywhere.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I am currently using the Bitwarden password manager because it is very good and meets my requirements.
also I have it on my phones and I haven't had any problems with it so far it is really recommendable.
although I know there are a lot of good password managers but this one suits me best.

ebocious

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 25, 2018
Hi,

My girlfriend wants a password manager. I don't use a password manager (I use weird passphrases with the association I have with the websites name and purpose). So what better place to ask for advice than MalwareTips forum? Don't want it to make it an A versus B discussion, I thought it may be better to ask

1. For which compelling reason did you choose your password manager?

2. What do you like especially about your password manager of choice?

3. What else should I know about the password manager of your choice?

Thanks in advance

Context: she wants to use it on her personal Android Phone and work iPhone and on her Windows aptop.

Lenny
LastPass runs on everything. And even with the free version, you can install LastPass on all your devices, and store unlimited passwords. The free version of Dashlane only stores up to 50 passwords, on one device. Dashlane throws in a VPN if you pay, but I'm already paying slightly less for NordVPN.

More info here.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From CNET source.
There's been a shift in the market for VPN and antivirus software in recent months. Many of the companies behind these software packages are expanding them to become wider software suites. For instance: NordVPN now offers NordPass, a dedicated password manager, and Norton now offers a Norton Password Manager as part of its antivirus and identity theft packages. We haven't specifically reviewed these, if only because they don't yet appear to have a feature set or pricing option that beats any of our preferred options above. If and when that changes, we'll check them out in more detail.

More about NordPass - Update - NordPass - the new intuitive password manager by NordVPN

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I very much agree. And I even give grace to companies when human error is involved. However, their practices in recent years have led me to conclude they are too shady for my taste. It's the mistakes in combination with the secretive and shady practices that I don't trust. Most people are probably fine using Nord products, I just don't want to be one of them.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.