Advice Request Password manager: Question is simply - why did you choose the one you are using now?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I am a new Bitwarden convert and love it. Free and multi device syncing too! Which Lastpass will not do unless you pay. I had been using Enpass but wanted something lighter that doesn't require a program running but just an extension. And Enpass has become a headache since it can only be installed and updated via the Microcrap store. ;)

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

L

Local Host

KeePass isn't listed so i would say it's more secure then all other's ;)
The moment KeePass doesn't rely on any Cloud/Server is already more secure than all of the alternatives that rely on it, cause no matter how much safe practices and secure you are, there's nothing stopping the main Cloud/Server getting hacked and your data exposed (which is what happens often with this password managers).

You have way more control over your passwords with KeePass that way, and can choose whatever cloud services and/or addons you want, to sync across devices.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I've tried both 1password & lastpass. Honestly i prefer lastpass but am still using 1password. I need to try bitwarden just haven't had the time. The only 1 thing i don't about lastpass is they have dragged their heals in supporting U2F/FIDO2
I'm planning using an U2F/FIDO2 security key as well .
Probably will flash using opensk.

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Waaay back in prehistory, Fred Langa (LangaList, WidowsSecrets, etc.) recommended RoboForm. Still using it (Roboform Everywhere).
Do have LastPass as a backup.

If I were to switch I'd probably look at BitWarden (open source, recommended by others I trust).

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
Passwordless Continuous
AuthenticationTM
Acceptto offers the first unified and continuous authentication identity access platform with No-Password. Our passwordless authentication solution protects enterprise customers, workforce, and partners against account takeovers and data breaches even Post-Authorization.
Note
It is not free and may be intended for companies and government organizations

Reactions: Nevi and Stopspying
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Why is that? Keepass XC doesn't rely on 3rd party plugins (and this is more secure) but it has no feature like "secure desktop".
Beside secure desktop, no possibility for using Windows Hello, already bundled with browser plugin (KeePass only supports plugins but doesn't include any by default), not audited, need always wait for upstream (original KeePass) updates.

XC is only pushed so hard because it supports Linux

Hiroshima

Sep 18, 2020
I am using Lastpass manager and I am really a big fan of this. I can say in First attempt i have found this and never went to any other application to give a try.

Pro's:

1. It has a chrome extension
  2. It always give me a suggestiong to save or update password
  3. Easy to use and no need to remember different password
  4. It also handle my 20 Gmail id and password without any mistake
I love the Lastpass Manager. I am using it's free version. Never feel like upgrading it. as it's free version is having lot more features.

If you want to know more about it;s feature you can compare it with Dashlane VS Lastpass

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Hi, I have Lastpass (Paid), Password Manager, I have had it for 4 years, and there has been at least one breach, but I feel secure, with the knowledge that my passwords is protected with the strongest encryption money can buy(AES-256), and it is not expensive & there is a free version, & you are not less secure because you go free, I like that. Today 2020 password managers are necessary.
And I like the fact that I can use & is protected everywhere, on any device, in every browser, etc.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.