Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hi,
Patch is available for testing now.

Update sources: Index of /ap2/

Please note that to install the patch in KSeC (KSDE), you need to update the product from the test server using the commands below.

Windows x86cd "%ProgramFiles%\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Secure Connection 5.2"avp.com update Index of /ap2/

Windows x64cd "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Secure Connection 5.2"avp.com update Index of /ap2/

Check the presence of a patch in the standard windows "Support", "About the program."

Fixed:
KAVKIS - improved product's stability

Changed:
VPN - algorithms have been improved to improve product and channel performance.

To begin testing you need to do next:
1. Install product
2. Update from public servers and reboot OS
3. Enable traces
4. Set Manual mode of Update
5. Set Update source: Index of /ap2/
6. Reboot OS

As usual I'd like to remind you:
1) If you found any problem, please, re-check it on the previous patch. Here we are looking only for bugs related to current patch.
2) Don't forget about traces and screenshots.

Bug report: version 2021MR3
Flood will be deleted.
Source

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

Patch F for version 21.3.10.391

Patch F for Kaspersky Security Cloud version 21.3.10.391 was released on August 10, 2021.
In patch F, we have fixed several application issues.
To install the patch:

1. Run the database update for Kaspersky Security Cloud. See the Online Help for instructions.
  2. Restart the computer once the updates are completed.
The patch will be installed. To check if the patch was installed successfully, open the application window and click the Support icon in the lower-left corner. The information about the application version will be available in the window that opens. The version number will have the letter f added.
To complete the patch installation successfully, computer reboot is required. If you don't reboot the computer in seven days after the application receives the patch, the icon on the Windows taskbar will turn red.

nicos181987

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
Jul 25, 2021
How do I know if a patch was found by Kaspersky program? I tried several times to force updates on KSC and rebooted my computer, but the F patch was not installed.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Just got patch f after 12 days !
But I'm wondering if it makes difference between doing a stop and restart vs a reboot (this morning it was my first reboot after some days) ?:unsure:
1.PNG

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
I'm not sure about "fast startup" but maybe it is the explanation of this so long delay for getting this patch f:unsure:
A lot of people shuts down their computer thinking that it did completely shut down, but in reality they only put it in some hybrid sleep mode which usually only causes problems.
I had a customer with strange problems and after checking uptime in task manager it turned out that computer was not properly shut down for more than a month. They thought that they did shut it down every day, but they didn't know that Windows 10, by default puts it in hybernation.
So I disabled hibernation - something I do right after install on all of my systems.
That's why Kaspersky says to reboot your system after update and not turn it off and then on again. That makes a huge difference on Windows 10 in default config.

Last edited:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hi @JB007 ,

I have been testing on this more than a dozen times after obtaining the Patch in the database update and the Patch got implemented ONLY after proceeding with a reboot.
Hi @Berny
Thanks for the information.
I think it is very important and an alert when the update is ready and a reboot is needed should be of great interest for users like me that do not reboot their PC every day.
Possibly a future feature ?

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
Hi @JB007

Did you post a suggestion to TS ?

The best option should indeed be a “Please reboot“ notification right away after the database that is containing the Patch has been downloaded.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hi @JB007

Did you post a suggestion to TS ?

The best option should indeed be a “Please reboot“ notification right away after the database that is containing the Patch has been downloaded.
Hi @Berny
You are right, it is exactly what I think !
No I did not submit to Kaspersky Support because I know that they did not take care of users suggestions very often :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.