PlayStation 5 announced $499 and $399 Digital (Mega Update Thread)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For those wanting to watch at 4K 300fps, please take a seat.

The company recommends viewers wear headphones while watching the video, because it did "some cool audio work" that's harder to notice on a laptop or phone. Sony also said the event will stream at 1080p and 30 frames per second, much lower than the 4K quality the device is capable of showing. Sony said the video was reduced to ease the production process, since many staff and developers are working from home.
Link: Sony resets PS5 games event for June 11, promises $1 million to black causes

MonSpyder9

Level 2
May 4, 2020
A bit off-topic, but it's kind of surreal to me how much effect the protests in America are having right now globally. I'm curious how that will change the political climate in America.
Anyway I don't really play on consoles so I'll pass on this even if it's only about PS5 exclusives.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
A bit off-topic, but it's kind of surreal to me how much effect the protests in America are having right now globally. I'm curious how that will change the political climate in America.
Anyway I don't really play on consoles so I'll pass on this even if it's only about PS5 exclusives.

PS5 and Xbox Series X equal mid range pc or high end pc. Both of them has Ryzen 7 3700x cpu with lower clock speed and power consumption. GPU, I think it is equal to RX 5700/XT or a slower version of RX 5700/XT model. This year Playstation and Xbox hardware surprise me. Price wise, I think it is no longer $500 anymore.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
ps5.gif

Full article & information

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Sony officially revealed what the PlayStation 5 console will look like. Alongside it, the company also announced a range of accessories for the new console, including a wireless headset, a camera, a media remote, and a charging dock for the DualSense controller. Details on the new accessories are slim, although Sony has given a bit of information as to what to expect.

The new HD Camera (which has dual 1080p lenses) is likely meant to replace the old PS4 camera accessory and is meant to let players stream footage from their living rooms while playing games — potentially making it easier for amateur streamers to live stream with a PS5.

The Pulse 3D wireless headset takes the place of the PlayStation Gold wireless headset and offers 3D audio support — something that Sony has been pushing as a major feature for the PS5 — and dual noise-canceling microphones

The media remote, while resembling an ordinary remote, also features a built-in microphone for voice commands. There are also four unmarked buttons on the bottom of the remote, although it’s not clear what those are used for.

Lastly, the DualSense charging station does exactly what it says: charges up to two DualSense controllers at the same time. Interestingly, the charging station doesn’t appear to use the regular USB-C port located at the top of the controller to charge but instead connects through a separate accessory dock at the bottom. And of course, the design matches the black-and-white color scheme of the controllers and the console itself.

No prices for any of the new accessories (or the console itself) have been announced yet, although presumably they’ll go on sale alongside the PlayStation 5 this holiday season.

The gallery inside in the site

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
4k is not yet popular in game-specific environments. It is a situation where you have to choose between the beauty of the image and the smooth depiction.:)🕹
yeah by steam survey many people don't even game at full HD XD.

But 2k 21 inch /4k 32 inch/ 65 inch 8K or 4k if you can sit on the sofa and not 1m from monitor.
is what I would buy nowadays .

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Sony showed off its PlayStation 5 console design last week and briefly teased the OS, now Sony’s VP of UX design at PlayStation, Matt MacLaurin, is promising an overhauled user interface for the PS5. Describing the new software interface as a “very interesting evolution of the OS,” MacLaurin says it’s a “100 percent overhaul of the PS4 UI and some very different new concepts” in a LinkedIn thread.

“As it’s UI it’s practical first, but it’s a whole new visual language and a complete rearchitecting of the user interface,” explains MacLaurin. The new PS5 OS is “more subtle than flashy, but no pixel is untouched,” he adds.

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
PS5, Accessories and Games listings appear on Amazon Australia.
No pricing revealed.
u/robo3687 said:
They weren't up earlier today. Seems there might be something to preorders happening quite soon.
Games:
Source: reddit

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Pre-order starts tomorrow, at select retailers.

PS5 / Digital
  • $499 / 399
  • €499 / 399
  • £449 / 359
PS Plus Collection Day 1

Launch dates:

• November 12th (US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, South Korea, NZ, Australia)
  • November 19th (Rest of World)
  • China TBA

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.