Poll - Update or Clean Install the May 2020 Update

Do you plan to update or clean install the soon to be released Windows 10 May (2004) update?

• Update my existing 1809 installation via Windows Update

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Update my existing 1903 installation via Windows Update

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Update my existing 1909 installation via Windows Update

Votes: 41 62.1%
  • Clean install 2004

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Don't plan to upgrade for now

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters

Howard1975

May 26, 2020
I just did a clean install recently, about two weeks ago with 1909. I was having problems with my previous install of 1909, so I needed to start fresh anyway. And I also installed a different video card at the same time (moving from AMD to NVIDIA). The video card arrived in the mail, like the day after I installed Windows. Just my luck. Anyway it all worked out, as I used special software (DDU, Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall the AMD drivers, rebooted, and installed the Nvidia drivers.

When 2004 is officially released, I will wait a few weeks before I upgrade from my existing 1909. But I will also download the 2004 iso image first, before I allow my computer to upgrade. Just in case I run into problems during the update, I can easily clean install either 1909 or 2004, as needed.

I like to burn dual layer DVD's (DVD+R DL) with the iso files, and also copy then to USB flash drives. Gives me many options to choose, when doing an install on a computer.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.