App Review Portable VoodooAi & Voodooshiled vs Todays Malware Hub Samples

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Video is not avaiable in germany. musik is not allowed for gema :( Changed vpn to holland and its working now :)

Edit: VoodooShield does nice like always :) Glad i have a 2 years license and it is working so smooth here on my end :) Perfect for a gamer who does not like avs because of some framelaggs while scanning etc. Great work. :)

Last edited:
L

Lucent Warrior

Thread author
@Lucent Warrior, Do you think VS is the best anti-executable today?
I have not tested all anti-executable applications out there, so i would not be able to say one way or the other with this question, i can however state after many weeks of testing Voodooshield that it is quite solid in the protection department ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Tip: Practice with Ai by analyzing scripts and various utilities - like Win10 Privacy, Toggle Tweaker, digitally unsigned utilities and similar. Eventually you will get some "middle-of-the-road" Ai scores - just so you get an idea. It's just for practice...

L

Lucent Warrior

Thread author
Tip: Practice with Ai by analyzing scripts and various utilities - like Windows 10 Privacy, Toggle Tweaker, digitally unsigned utilities and similar. Eventually you will get some "middle-of-the-road" Ai scores - just so you get an idea. It's just for practice...
These type videos like mine above, are made basically to show a glimpse, especially for novice/average users. What i do to these products in private, in the VM, when not recording, could be considered borderline abuse! ;) :D

P.S. VoodooAi is only capable of scanning certain file types as of this time, later other file types are supposed to be implemented, it is, as stated, a Beta and has work ahead of it im sure.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
These type videos like mine above, are made basically to show a glimpse, especially for novice/average users. What i do to these products in private, in the VM, when not recording, could be considered borderline abuse! ;) :D

P.S. VoodooAi is only capable of scanning certain file types as of this time, later other file types are supposed to be implemented, it is, as stated, a Beta and has work ahead of it im sure.

Hmmm... I thought *.bat, *.cmd, *.js, etc was already implemented. I tested early Ai against some utilities - can't remember which. It was the only ones I could find that gave a middle score.

What I am saying is that Ai is very unlikely to put the user in a position where they have to guess when scanning - at least with what most people deal with on a daily basis = *.exes.

L

Lucent Warrior

Thread author
Hmmm... I thought *.bat, *.cmd, *.js, etc was already implemented. I tested early Ai against some utilities - can't remember which. It was the only ones I could find that gave a middle score.

What I am saying is that Ai is very unlikely to put the user in a position where they have to guess when scanning - at least with what most people deal with on a daily basis = *.exes.
I can not remember right at this second exactly which ones, but there were a couple that prompted the "voodooai can not scan this file type yet" prompt. I have not been testing it for a bit, actually just fired the test machine up today to stretch its legs. Later this evening i will run a bunch and confirm.

I`ve set the VS AI sensitivity to 70%, I suppose that less sensitive more accurate. ;) Am I right?

The center "100%" is the point of Balanced. It would actually be less accurate at 70%

L

Lucent Warrior

Thread author

This prompt which you will only see when trying to scan something it can not yet, was set off with a handful of different extensions types, including .js

ai.png

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
That was really beautifully produced!++++ VS is a very well thought out application as you have demonstrated; I especially like that it won't ask first for total unknown files but will instead assume for you that they are probably bad. Also noting that ZAM did have a detection, on first run it could be run in the sandbox which is actually a genius idea by the developer.

(the song wasn't normally to my taste but I was so involved by the presentation I liked it!)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.