- Feb 25, 2017
Portmaster is a free and open-source application that puts you back in charge over all your computer's network connections.
What it has to offer:
- Discover everything that is happening on your computer. Expose every connection your applications make and detect evil ones. Finally get the power to act accordingly.
- Add your own rules to block specific domains you dislike. Enable Prompt Mode and decide the fate of every new connection. Block or Allow.
- Block ads, trackers, malware and NSFW sites via trusted domain-lists, which are also used by Ad-Blockers, etc. Easily change the defaults to fit your needs.
- Even with invasive connections gone, you do not want to share your dns requests out in the open. With the Portmaster, you can easily re-route all your dns queries to a DNS-over-TLS provider of your choice.
- In the age of Mass Surveillance, what good is a service when you cannot see what it is really doing? We believe in open source. We also document everything as good as we can.
- The Wi-Fi in your local coffee shop is riskier than yours at home. Set up your settings for different networks and then simply press a button when changing location. All settings will adjust immediately.
- Make your own rules. Completely cut off applications from the Internet. Or block all p2p connections except for certain apps. Or never connect to specific countries. The Portmaster has you covered.
Website: Safing Portmaster