Advice Request Power Browser having gone bad, suggestions for a good Android browser please?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I have used Power Browser for a long time as my default browser on Android but now I find they are changing it. They are trying to convert it into a CCleaner-type program and every time I open it they make me jump through hoops looking for me to upgrade to a paid version before I can finally utilize the browser.

So I am looking for a new browser for Android. I especially want one that has a search feature for the browser history, which not all of them do have. I want a browser that it is not prone to do things like kill the tabs or lose the history. Lightweight is preferable.

Reactions: Nevi and vtqhtr413

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I use edge with adguard, but if you dont have adguard try brave instead

Reactions: Nevi

Ashish1+1

Level 1
Verified
Nov 29, 2016
I alos tried Fulguris (F-Droid) and Soul Web Browser (Google Playstore). I kind of liked them as both have adblocking.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.